Home - Uncomplicated pop, 2 very different versions...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gone
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I found the second version more to my liking. I think the combination of instruments was more interesting. There were quite a few places where I felt that the vocals were obscured by the orchestral components. Hopefully that shouldn't require much in the way of EQ changes, just some changes to the track leveling.

Good work :)

The first one fits the brief - candy floss! ;)

The second version is much more interesting and has a great flow to it.
The strings sound cool the way the soar. Choral voices are fabulous.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

2nd one definitely. Just needs a bit of automation to boost the vocal at the end. Might be an idea to try a few flams (yes spellcheck - it is a word..) and rolls on the snare at the end to give it that marching band feel.

Also prefer the second version. A good reminder that even some of the greatest orchestral compositions are based on the most simplistic of melodic and harmonic material. I think the challenge of orchestrating the second piece really inspired you. Good work!

seismic1 wrote:I found the second version more to my liking. I think the combination of instruments was more interesting. There were quite a few places where I felt that the vocals were obscured by the orchestral components. Hopefully that shouldn't require much in the way of EQ changes, just some changes to the track leveling.

Good work :)
Allomerus wrote:The first one fits the brief - candy floss! ;)

The second version is much more interesting and has a great flow to it.
The strings sound cool the way the soar. Choral voices are fabulous.
Well done!
:)
donkey tugger wrote:2nd one definitely. Just needs a bit of automation to boost the vocal at the end. Might be an idea to try a few flams (yes spellcheck - it is a word..) and rolls on the snare at the end to give it that marching band feel.
bedlamite wrote:Also prefer the second version. A good reminder that even some of the greatest orchestral compositions are based on the most simplistic of melodic and harmonic material. I think the challenge of orchestrating the second piece really inspired you. Good work!
Thanks guys, for all the positive comments.
I wasn't going to post the "pop" version at all. It was only when I had the notion to do an orchestra version that the decision was made to post both versions for the camparison. I only wish I'd taken more time to do it. I'll take on board the advice and I'll see what I can do to give that final "sparkle"!

ps
And it just goes to show that just because the demos of the sample packs are all edm and dubstep, doesn't mean you can't use them in another way!

Googly Smythe wrote: I wasn't going to post the "pop" version at all. It was only when I had the notion to do an orchestra version that the decision was made to post both versions for the camparison. I only wish I'd taken more time to do it. I'll take on board the advice and I'll see what I can do to give that final "sparkle"!
It was an interesting comparison to make. Some of my final tracks bear little resemblance to their original versions.
Googly Smythe wrote: And it just goes to show that just because the demos of the sample packs are all edm and dubstep, doesn't mean you can't use them in another way!
This is very true.

I like both versions.

v. 1 has more groove and drive - well done!
v. 2 carries a totally changed character - the vocals have
more room and thus it has more feeling. The military snare
sometimes disturbes a little IMO.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Return to “Music Cafe”