Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
T-RackS Group Buy! Up to 5 free mixing and mastering processors!

T-RackS Group Buy - EXTENDED!

Up to 10 for the price of 1 possible.

Mixing and mastering processors, including Lurssen Mastering Console.

Read more at www.ikmultimedia.com
sleepcircle
KVRist

218 posts since 28 Nov, 2016

Postby sleepcircle; Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:46 am Re: Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

Don't muzzle the ox who's threshing out your grain. (1 Timothy 5:18)
let him get the first few mouthfuls of the results of his hard work

(i'm maybe 85% sure you were kidding when you called him a filthy capitalist, this is just for the peace of mind of the 15% of me that isn't.)
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

7984 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:14 am Re: Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

sleepcircle wrote:Don't muzzle the ox who's threshing out your grain. (1 Timothy 5:18)

(i'm maybe 85% sure you were kidding when you called him a filthy capitalist, this is just for the peace of mind of the 15% of me that isn't.)

I can confirm I was joking :)
zvenx
KVRAF

6544 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:37 am Re: Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
sleepcircle wrote:Don't muzzle the ox who's threshing out your grain. (1 Timothy 5:18)

I can confirm I was joking :)

That's how I read it too. :-)
rsp
sleepcircle
KVRist

Postby sleepcircle; Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:53 am Re: Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

The 15% of me thanks you for your kind forbearance in confirming that Humour occurred.
andy-cytomic
KVRAF

2119 posts since 3 Dec, 2008

Postby andy-cytomic; Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:30 am Re: Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

VariKusBrainZ wrote:^
You filthy capitalist

I find this offensive, I'll have you know I wash daily and have excellent personal hygiene :D

Guilty as charged on the capitalist bit, I love running my own boutique plugin company and having exclusive tech to offer :tu:
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com
acousticglue
KVRist

378 posts since 27 May, 2008

Postby acousticglue; Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:21 am Re: Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

And all this is exciting info? Layman here. When will it be done is the begging question
sleepcircle
KVRist

Postby sleepcircle; Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:51 pm Re: Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

well it was exciting to me, also a layman.
andy-cytomic
KVRAF

Postby andy-cytomic; Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:56 pm Re: Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

acousticglue wrote:And all this is exciting info? Layman here. When will it be done is the begging question

The plugin offers full HD quality right now, you can already do way more than a the $179 pedal for $29 (eg stereo, customisation of the diodes and filtering around the drive, adjustable slew rate limiting etc etc). The final release won't sound any better, so if you're holding off for some reason you don't have to worry.

The final version will have the lower quality MD fixed cpu solver, and a slicker GUI with randomisation and some presets, are you waiting on one of those things?
zvenx
KVRAF

6544 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:24 pm Re: Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

andy-cytomic wrote:
acousticglue wrote:And all this is exciting info? Layman here. When will it be done is the begging question

The plugin offers full HD quality right now, you can already do way more than a the $179 pedal for $29 (eg stereo, customisation of the diodes and filtering around the drive, adjustable slew rate limiting etc etc). The final release won't sound any better, so if you're holding off for some reason you don't have to worry.

The final version will have the lower quality MD fixed cpu solver, and a slicker GUI with randomisation and some presets, are you waiting on one of those things?

AT HD mode the final version wouldn't have the much lighter cpu load or that new method is only for MD mode?
rsp
andy-cytomic
KVRAF

Postby andy-cytomic; Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:41 pm Re: Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

zvenx wrote:AT HD mode the final version wouldn't have the much lighter cpu load or that new method is only for MD mode?
rsp

The current HD mode will remain identical. It is a brute force MNA solver, and as illustrated in the plots I posted earlier, if you have a signal with high frequencies, or set the knobs to "hard to solve" settings, the CPU usage will increase. The entire point of the MD mode is to have a fixed and lower amount of CPU, and it will remain fixed no matter the input signal or settings. I will drop as much detail as needed to make sure the MD mode is lower CPU.

The big news with the PDK solver is I hope not to have to drop much detail at all for the MD mode, I'll hopefully have almost all the detail of the full solver, but with a low and fixed amount of CPU. I'll hopefully be able to shed more light on this at the end of the week. If things are still too intensive with the PDK solver I'll have to revert to the DK solver and not support slew rate limiting of the op-amp.

I will also add an use HD on render setting, so you can automatically switch to full MNA quality on render, so you can have fixed low cpu when tracking using the MD mode, then bounce at the best quality (you can also switch the amount of oversampling on render).
acousticglue
KVRist

378 posts since 27 May, 2008

Postby acousticglue; Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:59 pm Re: Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

Ok
andy-cytomic
KVRAF

Postby andy-cytomic; Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:20 pm Re: Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

Also please note that when I am talking about dropping detail for the MD version this is only in relation to the HD model. I'll still include more detail than other developer's full versions in my cutdown model!
andy-cytomic
KVRAF

Postby andy-cytomic; Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:41 pm Re: Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

acousticglue wrote:Ok

Is it primarily lower CPU you are after? If so can you please let me know which CPU you have, and how much The Scream is currently using on your system? Also what would you like the CPU to measure in MD mode that would make you happy? I am specifically targeting the MD mode to those that are CPU sensitive, so if that's you I would love to hear from you!
Previous

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects