Sound Forge seems to be a sinking ship - Poor Support

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sound Forge Pro 18 SpectraLayers Pro

Wow, I can't believe that SF is still not supporting flac :o

The last version I used was 6, then I switched to other audio editors,
currently I'm using Edison in FL Studio and Ocenaudio (which also supports VST)
https://www.ocenaudio.com/
but it wasn't a rare thing that I used Reaper as audio editor too while recording stuff.

Flac is really a must have file format nowadays. It saved me gigabytes and gigabytes of space on hdd's and not only on my PC but on Google Drive as well.
When Image-Line added support for flac in FL Studio it was a gigantic relief.

brainzistor wrote:Wow, I can't believe that SF is still not supporting flac :o

The last version I used was 6, then I switched to other audio editors,
currently I'm using Edison in FL Studio and Ocenaudio (which also supports VST)
https://www.ocenaudio.com/
but it wasn't a rare thing that I used Reaper as audio editor too while recording stuff.

Flac is really a must have file format nowadays. It saved me gigabytes and gigabytes of space on hdd's and not only on my PC but on Google Drive as well.
When Image-Line added support for flac in FL Studio it was a gigantic relief.
Not only space is an issue. FLAC has simply one of the best possibilities to save metadata while preserving the losless quality of your sound except you want to deliver a bit depth of 32bit float.

bronxsound wrote:
chk071 wrote:What do you think will raving about it here improve about the matter?
sometimes one needs to vent out...
Yes. On the other hand, i typically do that without trying to convince others that i was badly treated, and that they shouldn't buy the product i vent about. Probably a matter of character. But, heeeey, it's immensely hip to do so, and this forum is full of it. So, nevermind, and go on. I'm vastly interested in your personal email traffic with the support employees of Magix.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”