That Night

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gone
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Great music. You have done very well in all aspects.

A good solid track...but after a time it was tormenting me and I had to stop it.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

I think my favourite parts of this were the various guitars, especially the leads. The solo from 5:24-6:14 was impressive.

Good work :)

Hezekiel wrote:Great music. You have done very well in all aspects.
Thank you! :tu:

annode wrote:A good solid track...but after a time it was tormenting me and I had to stop it.
This is why an independent producer (old meaning) is a good idea - to rein in the artiste!

seismic1 wrote:I think my favourite parts of this were the various guitars, especially the leads. The solo from 5:24-6:14 was impressive.

Thank you!
Like I said in the op, a kvr-er was researching guitars in a certain genre, so I posted this to demonstrate how I "produce" them.

Googly Smythe wrote:
seismic1 wrote:I think my favourite parts of this were the various guitars, especially the leads. The solo from 5:24-6:14 was impressive.

Thank you!
Like I said in the op, a kvr-er was researching guitars in a certain genre, so I posted this to demonstrate how I "produce" them.
Made me wonder why you just didn't give him the Soundcloud song link?
Why need to post it here?
Fine-by-me, was just wondering.
Googly Smythe wrote:
annode wrote:A good solid track...but after a time it was tormenting me and I had to stop it.
This is why an independent producer (old meaning) is a good idea - to rein in the artiste!
And alas, the death of the producer. They were a necessary breed.

annode wrote:<snip> why you just didn't give him the Soundcloud song link?
</snip>
I did - http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1#p6740282

But I marked it public, it got a couple of good comments, so I thought maybe the good people here would like to endure hear it too... :) Anyway, even I admit to having posted worse pieces of music than this.
I actually like the vocalist enough that I bought her CD. Begining to ramble, so I'll get back to work. :tu:

:) Anyway, even I admit to having posted worse pieces of music than this.
We all have. No one said it was poor...it's not completed...but even I have posted as much self indulgence. ;)

annode wrote:
:) Anyway, even I admit to having posted worse pieces of music than this.
We all have. No one said it was poor...it's not completed...but even I have posted as much self indulgence. ;)
:tu:

I do recognize it isn't really a finished song perse, more like a demonstration/demo for what is possible.
Still top class, but not the best tune from one my favourite KVR composers :)

I listened again. After 7 mins in I believe changes need to be made.What, I can't say for sure. But I can guess. The song has the sensibilities of the band 'Bel canto'.
The 'you don't really know me' phrases begin to be over used after 7mins. Also, I couldn't help thinking of the Madonna song 'nobody knows me'. :shrug:

For what it's worth, my advice would be to model the song structure after what Bel canto might do with it...and back off from over doing the 'you don't really know me'.

I`m not a big fan of 'shredder' pentatonic or such, guitar soloing, but you have done a great job of it here. :) I like the song as I also like Bel canto's dark mystical approach. Fix it up, i think it's worth the trouble...or maybe not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Njw0ovIbY

annode wrote:...I listened again. After 7 mins in I believe changes need to be made...
I'm working on it! May take a while... :)
I'm thinking even 7 mins is too long (for public consumption!). We will see what we will see.
As always, I do appreciate the time you take to comment. (And everybody else, of course!) :D
:party: :tu:

Jesse Gorter wrote:I do recognize it isn't really a finished song perse, more like a demonstration/demo for what is possible.
Still top class, but not the best tune from one my favourite KVR composers :)
It probably sounds unfinished, maybe, because someone asked me to remove a brass section - so I just re-rendered with those parts muted. The result is some empty spaces, here and there... (Plays are dropping off, so I may surreptitiously upload the original... sshh!)
Jesse Gorter wrote:...from one my favourite KVR composers :)
I'm blushing! :hug: :D
:tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”