Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Bass Master from Loopmasters

Heavy, speaker-shaking tones are just a few clicks away with Bass Master. This synth is totally dedicated to bass, and it's built on Loopmasters' award-winning sonic history.

Whether you are making House, Techno, Drum and Bass, Trap, Hip Hop or other electronic music styles, Bass Master's huge variety of source sounds provide the inspiration for a weighty, powerful bass tone.

Read more at www.pluginboutique.com
FathomSynth
KVRian

762 posts since 25 Mar, 2017, from Philadelphia, PA, USA

Postby FathomSynth; Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:36 am Re: Fathom Version 2.14 Released

Kalamata,

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion, your input helps a lot.

I've discovered through a lot of experimentation that $25.00 is about what most people will spend without thinking about it too much.

Your point is correct, that Fathom is probably still a good deal for around $85.00 a little less than the typical $120 to $200 for the best synths in the world like Avenger, Serum and u-he Diva.

But if it is more than $25.00 then sales drop too low.

However, to your point, I am working on an "Elite" version of Fathom which will be around $80 with some added professional level features and I think it will sell well among our super users who often request if there is a way to chip in more support to the project.

8) Also Quick Update. A few of you are waiting for bug fixes. There just a couple bugs left and all of them are related to CPU efficiency and voice management. I've managed to narrow the problem down to how Fathom handles voice stealing and polyphony. So a new release with drastic improvements to any CPU related popping is coming very soon.
zzz00m
KVRian

1012 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Postby zzz00m; Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:34 am Re: Fathom Version 2.14 Released

FathomSynth wrote:
There just a couple bugs left and all of them are related to CPU efficiency and voice management. I've managed to narrow the problem down to how Fathom handles voice stealing and polyphony. So a new release with drastic improvements to any CPU related popping is coming very soon.

Along those lines, it would be cool to have one button to select a "draft" mode that doesn't place the full burden for high resolution on the audio engine and CPU.

Some synths like SynthMaster (Quality) and u-he Diva (Accuracy) offer that option.
Windows 10; with instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...
FathomSynth
KVRian

Postby FathomSynth; Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:37 am Re: Fathom Version 2.14 Released

zzz00m, Others have also requested a single draft mode button, so I will try to get that in.

:borg: Also, I have an update for the last remaining issue left over from 2.13 and 2.14.

This is a copy of the email I just sent to the three users still having the issue:

I've been doing some extensive testing with Fathom to get to the bottom of the popping and distortion issue. I'm finding that the three users are probably dealing with the same problem related to CPU load. The problem seems to be caused by how Fathom is handling CPU load and voice stealing, and it seems to be the worst while using Reaper since it does not automatically distribute Fathom tracks to separate CPU cores.

The good news is that I've found the cause and have completed most of the design for the fix, but it is in some critical code and needs to be tested more aggressively before I release the final fix.

Basically, instead of simply reacting to CPU overloads Fathom will have the ability to predict CPU load and the maximum sustainable polyphonic voices and react accordingly before the CPU is overloaded, thus making it possible to assign voices in real-time before they need to be cut off or stolen from other voices.

Also, there will be a new setting for Reaper users which allows the user to change the internal CPU threshold so that the feature works properly even if multiple Fathom tracks are using the same processor core.

The fix should be available soon and I will keep you all posted when it is finally available in 2.15.
zzz00m
KVRian

Postby zzz00m; Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:50 pm Re: Fathom Version 2.14 Released

Sounds great! Thanks for the update! :tu:
Windows 10; with instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...
carrieres
KVRAF

1551 posts since 9 Apr, 2002, from Poissy, France

Postby carrieres; Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:10 pm Re: Fathom Version 2.14 Released

i have installed the 2.07 version, if i read correctly the lasts posts about upgrading, i should be able to download the 2.13 for free.
no ?
btw, add your website to your signature Everett
FathomSynth
KVRian

Postby FathomSynth; Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:27 pm Re: Fathom Version 2.14 Released

Yes, we're up to version 2.14.
https://www.fathomsynth.com/updates
Tappistry
KVRian

744 posts since 2 Aug, 2017, from San Diego, CA

Postby Tappistry; Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:45 pm Re: Fathom Version 2.14 Released

Many thanks again to Everett for working with me (and I’m sure many others) via PMs on the latest release. :tu:
carrieres
KVRAF

Postby carrieres; Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:06 am Re: Fathom Version 2.14 Released

FathomSynth wrote:Yes, we're up to version 2.14.

so, where is the free upgrade to 2.13 ?
or i misunderstood something ? :cry:
carrieres
KVRAF

Postby carrieres; Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:09 am Re: Fathom Version 2.14 Released

or can i download the 2.14 for free because it has been available for more than one week ?
jmg8
KVRAF

1564 posts since 8 Jul, 2015, from UK

Postby jmg8; Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:15 am Re: Fathom Version 2.14 Released

carrieres wrote:or can i download the 2.14 for free because it has been available for more than one week ?

Yes, it is available to download.
i7/16gb/win10,64bit/Live9/MTotal. + Surface Pro 4 (i5)
carrieres
KVRAF

Postby carrieres; Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:20 am Re: Fathom Version 2.14 Released

ok, thanks, i just miss the new password then ...
zzz00m
KVRian

Postby zzz00m; Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:29 am Re: Fathom Version 2.14 Released

carrieres wrote:ok, thanks, i just miss the new password then ...

You will need the new password to unzip the file. It was changed with a recent version (2.12?) and supplied with the email receipt.

https://www.fathomsynth.com/support
FathomSynth
KVRian

Postby FathomSynth; Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:40 am Re: Fathom Version 2.14 Released

Carrieres, I sent you a PM.

You can always get the latest updates here:

Paying for upgrades is voluntary and if you see the free version available that means you can download it.

Use the serial number that came with your order and if you need the new one check your PM.

You've been here at KVR a long time, so I'm really happy you are using Fathom.
FathomSynth
KVRian

Postby FathomSynth; Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:10 am Re: Fathom Version 2.14 Released

:borg: Monday Update: Still testing the Reaper fix.

:love: Also New Color Picker.

Several of you over the last year have requested the ability to change the color of the graph lines. Well I finally had a chance to do this now that Fathom has a settings page. The next version 2.15 will have a color picker which you can use to change both the color of the graph line and graph fill, including opacity, for any of the graphs such as oscillator, filter, envelope, wave draw, main view spectrum, note dots, as well as the gradient colors for the main view.

fathom color picker.jpg

fathom colors.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jmg8
KVRAF

1564 posts since 8 Jul, 2015, from UK

Postby jmg8; Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:47 am Re: Fathom New Color Picker

Cool, looks nice. Looking forward to trying it, thanks.
i7/16gb/win10,64bit/Live9/MTotal. + Surface Pro 4 (i5)
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments