Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

I've tried it in three daws: Reaper, Renoise and Cubase12 without success. The Vst2 automation on the other hand works great.

OK, I'll take a look. Just to make sure, you are clicking on the dial names so the name area above the dial is highlighted that way the host knows to add the parameter to the pull down automation list?

Thank you and yes, i do exactly as written in the manual. And it works with the Vst2. I just wanted to check out the Vst3 incase Cubase drops Vst2 in future versions.

Charlie Firpo wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:40 pm Thank you and yes, i do exactly as written in the manual. And it works with the Vst2. I just wanted to check out the Vst3 incase Cubase drops Vst2 in future versions.
Did you solve this issue ?

I'm having trouble solving this. It seems VST3 is not calling the same functions to inform the plugin of signal changes to the parameter.

When you click on the name does the name of the parameter show up displayed in the host plugin parameter list?

Are you creating a function in the parameter graph so that it goes up and down during a period of time and it is not responding and nothing happens to the parameter sound in Fathom or the dial graphically?

FathomSynth wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:42 pm I'm having trouble solving this. It seems VST3 is not calling the same functions to inform the plugin of signal changes to the parameter.
Hi.

Will you be able to solve issue in future ?

Best

Yes, I will definitely be fixing this in the near future and making a new release with the fix. Sorry for the delay in figuring out what is causing the problem.

Hey, all,
I just bought Fathom Pro after using Fathom CM for a while because a: it's great, b: the price is right, and c: the Dev seems like he's in it for the long haul. One of the things that most intrigues me is the ability to draw and morph waves and tables.

However...I noticed that the ability to save the middle, resultant wavetable of the wavetable osc was feature requested back in 2018 and the Dev said he'd implement it. I can't for the life of me figure out if this was ever implemented, and if it was, how to do it. I've looked through this thread, and the changelog, but since that feature request, I can't find any further mention of it. Is it there and I just can't see it, or was it never implemented?

No, it's not implemented.
Do hope it will be someday, saving to disk or resampling the resulting table to an oscillator is definitely missing now.

Yes. That would be really cool. RPH is correct that was never implemented yet. It would be easy to do as the third table could simply be saved to disk along with the left and right table when they are saved. Obviously it would not include modulations but would be generated using the current state of the dials on that page. I will see about doing that.

FathomSynth wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:19 pm I will see about doing that.
Thanks, look forward to it.

Fathom listed number 41 in "2023 The 250 Best Free VST Plugins Ever Made."
https://blog.landr.com/best-free-vst-pl ... esynthvsts

FathomSynth wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:42 pm Fathom listed number 41 in "2023 The 250 Best Free VST Plugins Ever Made."
https://blog.landr.com/best-free-vst-pl ... esynthvsts
Not sure that's something to boast about since it was for the mono version you stated would no longer be updated. Of course, it is in a group where many are completely abandoned as well.
I did notice that while they had u-He synths (which are great and still being updated), that for some reason left out u-He Podolski. And if they omitted that, what else have they forgot while trying to remember things that are historically interesting, but no longer worth the time of a download.
A whack list to be sure. So, congrats?

It should be third or fourth, max..
Even if no longer updated is way more powerful then most listed there.

RPH wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:40 am It should be third or fourth, max..
Even if no longer updated is way more powerful then most listed there.
Very true as far as capabilities not sure how far it went as far as processor support. Still quite fun to use.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Return to “Instruments”