Omnisphere keeps losing patches. What are the workarounds ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Never heard of this either. But when you have tweaked a patch can't you save it with a new name? Then if it blanks the patch go back to that save? I always save patches for each song. Surely it's not actually deleting patches?

(Just had a bonus thought to make the backing up of the folders quicker and easier - use an app like Free File Sync (it's great) to back up the folders elsewhere, then once set up it's one click each day and done).
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

that happened a few times to me too on Old PC and still on win 7.. ocasionally, it wasn't systematic...
i have the suggestion you should actually save the patches on user folder and/or even create a special folder for it...

i mean REALLY save them(individual presets per and multi if you use multiple), not recall from a saved project in DAW... seems the fast solution until you understand why it's happening...

takes 10 sec to save a preset ;)

I encountered all kinds of crazy glitches during the time that I owned Omni, which was for maybe 2 weeks. I'm sympathetic to the poster but don't have any great suggestions. You're going to get a lot of bewildered and bewildering responses from the omnicultists here. Sadly, the most reliable thing to do would probably be: wipe your entire system and install everything from scratch, ensuring you're using the latest and greatest across the board (Win 10, 64bit, most recent DAW version, fully patched Omni, etc.)
Makin' Music Great Again 8)

i got to be honest, since i've changed to win 10 i've had Zero problems with omnisphere....

i'm even working on a skin for it and still... 0.000 problems; even if i remember reading some old posts somewhere saying i'd F"$% up omni

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=480183&p=6720006#p6720006

anyhow i've had some problems in the past when using win XP and win 7 but they happened only sometimes and i never figured out the precise solution to them, they just happned every now and them, could be omni, your OS, DAW, a combination of any of them, etc,...

TS-12 wrote: I did almost 10 times. Got tired of it.

thats what they told me to do every time i contacted them about this problem.
but it didnt help recover the multis to which omnisphere lost patches
Send me a direct message and have your license/registration info ready, I'll make sure that support gets back to you ASAP.

james@spectrasonics.net

How about some Altzheimers medisiner for your Omnishere?
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

TS-12 wrote:
jamesbernard wrote:Hiya,
Best to reach out to support for this. They will be able to sort you out quickly.

info@spectrasonics.net
If it would of been solved by their support I wouldn't be posting here probably
Well you have a direct line to support now and I can guarantee you that this is not an issue which has no solution.

So, reach out to me directly with the info I need and you will get your problem sorted.

aumordia wrote:You're going to get a lot of bewildered and bewildering responses from the omnicultists here.
It's nearly this post... this almost tipped me over the "I've had it with KVR" edge. So, so boring, so infantile, so utterly pathetic. So KVR.

I spend about 50% of my time on Omni posts in various forums critisiing it. I can give you three solid hours on the terrible tagging shambles of Omni 2 alone, which I bitterly resent to this day, and the way it will never, ever integrate well with third party patches. Despite this, its an incredibly useful synth to me, in daily use on multiple OSs - Macs, Windows 7, Windows 10 etc. And prior to this thread, I've never once heard of this problem still less encountered it. This, in the eyes of certain under 4s that frequent this place, makes me a cultist.

KVR. KV-bloody-R.

(cue reply post saying omg don't lose your shizzle :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :o :o :x :x :x :love: :love: :roll: :roll: :roll: :help: :help: :help: :party: :party: :party: :party: :hug: :hug: :hug:)
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:
aumordia wrote:You're going to get a lot of bewildered and bewildering responses from the omnicultists here.
It's nearly this post... this almost tipped me over the "I've had it with KVR" edge. So, so boring, so infantile, so utterly pathetic. So KVR.

I spend about 50% of my time on Omni posts in various forums critisiing it. I can give you three solid hours on the terrible tagging shambles of Omni 2 alone, which I bitterly resent to this day, and the way it will never, ever integrate well with third party patches. Despite this, its an incredibly useful synth to me, in daily use on multiple OSs - Macs, Windows 7, Windows 10 etc. And prior to this thread, I've never once heard of this problem still less encountered it. This, in the eyes of certain under 4s that frequent this place, makes me a cultist.

KVR. KV-bloody-R.

(cue reply post saying omg don't lose your shizzle :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :o :o :x :x :x :love: :love: :roll: :roll: :roll: :help: :help: :help: :party: :party: :party: :party: :hug: :hug: :hug:)
the level of "reeeee" in this post was so intense it woke up my infant daughter, thanks man :(

op, i'd take james bernard up on his offer and get in touch, i imagine he'll bring out the big guns and get you sorted

aumordia wrote:I encountered all kinds of crazy glitches during the time that I owned Omni, which was for maybe 2 weeks. I'm sympathetic to the poster but don't have any great suggestions. You're going to get a lot of bewildered and bewildering responses from the omnicultists here. Sadly, the most reliable thing to do would probably be: wipe your entire system and install everything from scratch, ensuring you're using the latest and greatest across the board (Win 10, 64bit, most recent DAW version, fully patched Omni, etc.)
But your responses are not better, or?
With words like Omnicultists?
Couldn't you just not accept that many people are happy and never had trouble with it like i can accept as a happy customer that others don't like it.
However, Happy Easter!
Sorry for the OP but the support was always great when i had a problem and they should get you sorted.

Slaapstadseun wrote:I have been using Omnisphere (and RMX) for a looong time and this has never happened to me. Never heard of it happening to anyone else.

Patches are not saved 'inside' Omnisphere - they are saved as files on your hard drive. Omnisphere cannot "lose" your patches.

My advice is that you be more careful while saving patches.
Yes the saved multi is still in the omnisphere folder.
For past many times reopening the project the multi was always loading correctly than bam blank Omnisphere..
So how can I make Omnisphere load the saved multi correctly ? And how can be more "carefull" saving patches ?
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

jamesbernard wrote:
TS-12 wrote:
jamesbernard wrote:Hiya,
Best to reach out to support for this. They will be able to sort you out quickly.

info@spectrasonics.net
If it would of been solved by their support I wouldn't be posting here probably
Well you have a direct line to support now and I can guarantee you that this is not an issue which has no solution.

So, reach out to me directly with the info I need and you will get your problem sorted.
ok. (I'm sure it will be delete .dat files and zmap file again and restart Omnisphere. Ot delete all that and reinstall Omnisphere)
Also noticed this happens on large projects. Years ago this was happening with rmx when I had just 2GB of ram, upgraded to 12gb and rmx lost patches very very rarely. Now I have 18gb, is it not enough for omnisphere ?

Cinebient wrote:
aumordia wrote:I encountered all kinds of crazy glitches during the time that I owned Omni, which was for maybe 2 weeks. I'm sympathetic to the poster but don't have any great suggestions. You're going to get a lot of bewildered and bewildering responses from the omnicultists here. Sadly, the most reliable thing to do would probably be: wipe your entire system and install everything from scratch, ensuring you're using the latest and greatest across the board (Win 10, 64bit, most recent DAW version, fully patched Omni, etc.)
But your responses are not better, or?
Couldn't you just not accept that many people are happy and never had trouble with it like i can accept as a happy customer that others don't like it.
However, Happy Easter!
Sorry for the OP but the support was always great when i had a problem and they should get you sorted.
Well why don't those people help those that have issues with Omnisphere, since they figured out how to safely use Omnisphere, maybe we thebones with problems with Omnisphere are doing something not as those many people.

Or maybe those many people just use 1 or 2 patches in Omnisphere..

Cinebient wrote:But your responses are not better, or?
However, Happy Easter!
:lol: imagine being this invested in a soft synth...

OP you say you've been having this problem for years and with both Omni and RMX... are you by chance placing your STEAM folder in a custom location? While this is technically possible my experience was that Omni gets very flakey when you do that.

Return to “Instruments”