Repro-5

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

http://www.soundsemiconductor.com/

http://www.soundsemiconductor.com/downl ... asheet.pdf

the maker of rev 1 and 2 filter chip is back, with a compatible modern version of it! hope for a Repro-5 rev1 and rev2 in the future?

Well... they only have a direct replacement for the 2044 but not for the 2040. They're completely different designs. The 2164 quad VCA is not a replacement for the 2040 either, I'm afraid...

The big question with the new generation of chips remains "what do they sound like?" - my tweak & listening tests of a recent prototype was rather disappointing in that respect. I'd be very cautious.

If you're talking about Cool Audio chips, then yeah... they make them too precise compared to vintage ones.

I'm not sure if it's gonna be possible to completely replicate old chips... tooling was way different than it is today.

Arksun wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:20 pm Remember The Night, demo track made using the Arksun factory presets I made for Repro5, no other plugins used apart from limiter on master bus. :phones:

http://arksunmusic.com/music/Arksun%20- ... 0Night.mp3
Beautiful.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Hey, when is Repro usually on sale? Don’t they have BF?

Modular Manfred wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:43 pm Hey, when is Repro usually on sale? Don’t they have BF?
U-he sales are still pretty rare. They’ve done some promotions with Native Instruments and Bitwig, but don’t offer regular promotions. And they never announce promotions in advance. If you want Repro on the cheap, you can try to find a secondhand license, or you may be waiting a long time for another sale.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:30 am If you're talking about Cool Audio chips, then yeah... they make them too precise compared to vintage ones.
Mind to show your collected data?
Otherwize I call urban mythology on this.
My 40 years old OTAs and transister packages are behaving the same way as modern ones.
Low basic part tolerance in vintage gear and lack of cads/proper gain calculations looks way more important why voices are different.
Murderous duck!

Hey!

I mostly use Diva and Repro-5 plugins nowadays, I've gone hardware. But, for Diva and Repro-5, I really wish there was a plain old mod matrix. Please can we have more mod slots in Repro-5? I don't get why there needs to be such a limit put on Repro-5 like this.

The way I'd suggest adding more slots would be more tabs next to the Keys/Effects tabs on the bottom left.

We had this discussion at the office yesterday. We'll certainly add more MM slots to Repro, but for Diva we have to find a concept that fits. Can be similar, but needs to translate from current Add/Rect/Inv/Mul/Lag/Qtz to any new paradigm...

Urs wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:32 am We had this discussion at the office yesterday. We'll certainly add more MM slots to Repro, but for Diva we have to find a concept that fits. Can be similar, but needs to translate from current Add/Rect/Inv/Mul/Lag/Qtz to any new paradigm...
While you're adding mod slots to RePro please toss in some per-voice Oscillator, Filter, and Envelope slop controls for some per-voice offsets. The Detune knob on the front panel can still be the master depth control. Would like to "Vintage" RePro up a little more than I currently can without the tuning going too far out.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:47 am
Urs wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:32 am We had this discussion at the office yesterday. We'll certainly add more MM slots to Repro, but for Diva we have to find a concept that fits. Can be similar, but needs to translate from current Add/Rect/Inv/Mul/Lag/Qtz to any new paradigm...
While you're adding mod slots to RePro please toss in some per-voice Oscillator, Filter, and Envelope slop controls for some per-voice offsets. The Detune knob on the front panel can still be the master depth control. Would like to "Vintage" RePro up a little more than I currently can without the tuning going too far out.
Yes please!!!!

Amazing news! :clap: As a previous poster mentioned, I'm also trying to "vintage-up" Repro 5 even more by fine tuning aspects of it. Thus to be able to simulate slop on envs, filter and so forth it would be useful with a per voice random and maybe a per voice moving drift as well. Also for that purpose and to also be able to add more than 1 or 2 mappings for expressiveness for mod wheel and velocity, that would probably take at least 8 slots or so at least.

Merry Xmas in advance everyone at u-he, keep up the awesomeness :clap:

PS. Sorry for the OT didn't want to start a thread for this but: When it comes to Diva, I've tried using the variance knobs but I don't get how they work. The way I understood it, I dial in the amount with the knob and then hit the button to apply randomised values to each voice. But I struggle to hear any effect. Probably not understanding how they work. Would love to be enlightened on that.

waltercruz wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:05 am http://www.soundsemiconductor.com/

http://www.soundsemiconductor.com/downl ... asheet.pdf

the maker of rev 1 and 2 filter chip is back, with a compatible modern version of it! hope for a Repro-5 rev1 and rev2 in the future?
There's now a 2140. We're about to test its against an original 2040.
Screenshot 2022-12-18 at 21.05.29.png
As always, we can neither deny nor confirm anything. We're really just curious and we'll draw further conclusions as things progress.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ah, that's very cool and unexpected! You've got a 2040 and a 2140 in the same module there. As a non-Eurorack user, I hope a model of one or both could end up in RePro. But in the meantime, definitely keep us posted on what you find. I've got a Rev 4 and I'd be interested in hearing in how close (or not) the 2140 is to the original 2040.

mrj1nx wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:26 pm When it comes to Diva, I've tried using the variance knobs but I don't get how they work. The way I understood it, I dial in the amount with the knob and then hit the button to apply randomised values to each voice. But I struggle to hear any effect. Probably not understanding how they work. Would love to be enlightened on that.
Try the Dual VCO, PW set to 90. Now, with PW variance=100 there is a big difference from note to note. For cutoff the effect is more subtle, but with high resonance/emphasis it's audible as well.
For the env variance, I'm getting a differency only for the filter env (env2), not for env1.

Return to “u-he”