Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
SparkySpark
KVRian

1140 posts since 30 Aug, 2004, from Skövde, Sweden

Postby SparkySpark; Sat May 13, 2017 12:22 am Loading fxp for Sonic Charge Cyclone

Hi,

I have downloaded the huge Yamaha TX16W sample library compilation called the Aeolian fxp (https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/594 ... 6w-library).

My problem is, I have never used .fxp files and don't understand how to load them!

According to the ReadMe file, I should:

1. Load an instance of Cyclone onto a track in your DAW, and maybe insert a splash of reverb after it.

2. set the track input to "MIDI:All Channels"

3. arm the track and turn monitoring on ...

4. import one of the .fxp files ... and play :)

But Magnus Lidström, the maker of Cyclone, wrote on the Cyclone forum:
Sorry, but Cyclone itself does not have a function to import .fxp files, you need to do it through your DAW.

So, how do I do this?

I use MuLab today. If I try to drag one of the .fxp files from the Preset library, I can't drop it on a new track or so. I have also installed both Cyclone and the TX16WX, and neither is accepting the .fxp files (or at least I haven't got them to do it).

So... how do I load the samples? And IF I need a TX16W clone, should I stick to Cyclone or should I use TX16WX? The reason I ask is that the latter i still updated on a regular basis, whereas Cyclone hasn't been updated since 2013.

(I am not interested in the sampling capabilities, just after the sounds of this library.)

Thanks a lot if you can clear this out for me!
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!
ere2learn
KVRian

1488 posts since 3 May, 2014

Postby ere2learn; Sat May 13, 2017 1:02 am Re: Loading fxp for Sonic Charge Cyclone

The Aeolian fxp will only load in cyclone,no idea about loading fxp in mulab,but you'll get a quicker response over in the forum on how to load them

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=79
SparkySpark
KVRian

1140 posts since 30 Aug, 2004, from Skövde, Sweden

Postby SparkySpark; Sat May 13, 2017 2:42 am Re: Loading fxp for Sonic Charge Cyclone

Ok, thanks. Was not sure of what the appropriate forum was as I don't really know what is wrong. :)
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!
Samuel_S
KVRist

59 posts since 25 Apr, 2018, from USA

Postby Samuel_S; Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:16 pm Re: Loading fxp for Sonic Charge Cyclone

Hi! I just downloaded Cyclone today and I tried using the fxp but nothing works. How can I load them with FL Studio?
EDIT: Never mind, figured it out
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries