Dark ascending

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not a lot of software in this.

https://soundcloud.com/vicdiesel/dark-ascending

Renaissance bass flute through Eventide H-9 and ElectroHarmonix SuperEgo. Pepped up a little in Logic.

Victor.

Cool track, Mr. D. I don't know if you're familiar with Sequent C (Tangerine Dream), but this seemed to share a lot of atmosphere with that piece (not a bad thing in my book). A fine and eerie piece of music, ideal for evening listening.

Good work :)

Beautiful music Victor. Agree with Tim, lovely to listen to in the evening...
Well done!
:)
Cheers,
John
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

very "BraveHeartish" nicely recorded ambience. love the breath sounds. thanks for sharing :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
seismic1 wrote: I don't know if you're familiar with Sequent C (Tangerine Dream), but this seemed to share a lot of atmosphere with that piece
I didn't know this piece, but yes, I see the similarities. I wonder if the TD track is a one-take live recording like mine, and how he does the long sustains.

Victor.

Nice. I'm thinking you are playing an actual 'Renaissance Bass Flute' because there is no such sample library...
I love bass flute.

jancivil wrote:Nice. I'm thinking you are playing an actual 'Renaissance Bass Flute' because there is no such sample library...
I love bass flute.
Yeah, I have a bunch of instruments that are too obscure to be sampled. That's one.

Two, if you ever see me & something flute-ish in the same paragraph then you'll know that I played it live.

Three. A renaissance bass flute has G below middle C as lowest note. Is not all that low, but it's called bass because there is also tenor alto and soprano, all of which are (like with recorders) an octave above the similarly named singers.

Four. I do actually own a recorder that has the range of a bass singer.

https://vimeo.com/197287808

Victor.

VicDiesel wrote:Thanks for the kind words everyone.
seismic1 wrote: I don't know if you're familiar with Sequent C (Tangerine Dream), but this seemed to share a lot of atmosphere with that piece
I didn't know this piece, but yes, I see the similarities. I wonder if the TD track is a one-take live recording like mine, and how he does the long sustains.

Victor.
I don't know whether it is one take. I think probably not. The album credits state that Peter Baumann played flute, but I found an "alternative" version on YT which claimed that he played a Treble Recorder through a delay unit.

Return to “Music Cafe”