Airwindows BussColors 4: AU, Mac and PC VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As an alternative, some DAWs do have "default" user-defined presets, I think FL studio does.

in Cubase (Elements 8) I do not get the graphic interface, instead I get cubase's generic interface.

joeydepoey wrote:in Cubase (Elements 8) I do not get the graphic interface, instead I get cubase's generic interface.
There isn't a graphic interface, it just uses your DAW's generic interface.
That looks different depending on the DAW you use.
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

Ah. That explains it :)

/* static noise*/
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

/* static noise*/
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

But I don't have Ableton. Maybe they can fix it?

/* static noise*/

Do you mean "Save as Default Configuration"?

If you do, then that does not save plugin setting state as default (as one might assume, myself having made the same mistake) but only saves the things that you can change with the "Configure" button: the order and selection of parameters that show when you disclose the param list. This is useful to arrange the first 8 parameters so that they can be controlled by the "blue hand" automation or a Push.

But, yeah, it doesn't save the settings. If you want to do that you need to do one of a few other things, none of which I love. VST/AU preset management in Ableton is literally my very least favorite thing about it.

Just to note what I do, which, again, I do not love:

When I want to save a preset outside of my templates so that I can have it for all time, I set up an Audio Effects Rack, put the VST plugin in there in the state that I like it and then save that rack to my User Library.

I liked this a lot more before I started using the Push for everything because the Effects Rack only cost a little screen real estate. But now each one complicates the way the Push can control the plugins considerably, which I don't love. I really would like to be able to save plugin state directly to the user library and don't know why I can't. I've requested this feature several times over a few years... maybe you will too.

Cheers!

n9 wrote:Do you mean "Save as Default Configuration"?

If you do, then that does not save plugin setting state as default (as one might assume, myself having made the same mistake) but only saves the things that you can change with the "Configure" button: the order and selection of parameters that show when you disclose the param list. This is useful to arrange the first 8 parameters so that they can be controlled by the "blue hand" automation or a Push.
Thank you: I know so little about some of these things. I assumed that somehow it didn't save the settings because it was a bug I couldn't fix on my end, not that it didn't save the settings because it was saving specifically the layout it uses for the settings. What an odd choice :D

I have quite a few Airwindows licenses, but can't use them now that I've switched to Reason 9.5 which does not have a universal GUI for plugins and crashes when using them. Any workaround?

NM... apparently there's a roadmap regarding plugs I'm interested in... [namely Desk 3, Logical, ADClip 6, NC-17, PurestDrive, Hard Vacuum and many more]

I think there's just one more plug to invent (not to emulate) :

ToTheFuture :D
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

fceramic wrote:I have quite a few Airwindows licenses, but can't use them now that I've switched to Reason 9.5 which does not have a universal GUI for plugins and crashes when using them. Any workaround?
Have you tried Blue Cat's stuff? Guillame makes plugins such as Patchwork. With that, you can host generic plugins very nicely, with better support for things like AU logarithmic controls than many DAW implementations.

jinxtigr wrote:
fceramic wrote:I have quite a few Airwindows licenses, but can't use them now that I've switched to Reason 9.5 which does not have a universal GUI for plugins and crashes when using them. Any workaround?
Have you tried Blue Cat's stuff? Guillame makes plugins such as Patchwork. With that, you can host generic plugins very nicely, with better support for things like AU logarithmic controls than many DAW implementations.
It's Reason's problem, so ask them. Probably after a few paid upgrades, they'll finally bring their VST implementation up to specs. Not earlier, not soon, not now.

Return to “Effects”