iZotope Neutron Elements

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You're welcome :)

Free with any purchase at Plugin Boutique through November.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Anything new in v3 or is it still the same Elements version ?

If the mix assistant recognises “dialogue” properly as a category (Advanced has this), then that’s a huge step up if you’re using it on dialogue or podcasts. Vocal has always been too aggressive. The new interface is also pretty great, though probably not worth buying an upgrade for

Neutron 3 Elements is now on sale ($49 or equivalent) at iZotope and your favourite reseller.

Question: What, if anything does Neutron 3 Elements add over Ozone 8?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

If anyone wants mine, I’ll swap it for something interesting.

DarkStar wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:34 pm Question: What, if anything does Neutron 3 Elements add over Ozone 8?
I don't own elements, I have the suite. I think the difference between Neutron and Ozone is one of purpose. Ozone is made for living on a bus. Neutron may be using similar modules and probably very similar code under the hood, but the layout, settings and style of it is for individual tracks. I think they kept this in mind when designing the tools.

For instance, just looking at the compressor. Ozone advanced has mid/side and L/R modes, but Neutron doesn't.
On the other hand, Neutron exposes the knee, offers a toggle between RMS, peak and true peak detection. I don't know why these things are not in Ozone, but that's how it its. Also Ozone has 3 comp modes vs Neutron's 2 modes. Why? Not sure.

The compression behavior of both is similar though. It's a distinctive compressor when compared to other brands. But they've clearly put a lot of thought into what's available in each compressor, and operating them feels different for a module that should more or less be the same on both.

jochicago wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:56 pm I don't own elements, I have the suite. I think the difference between Neutron and Ozone is one of purpose. Ozone is made for living on a bus. Neutron may be using similar modules and probably very similar code under the hood, but the layout, settings and style of it is for individual tracks. I think they kept this in mind when designing the tools.

For instance, just looking at the compressor. Ozone advanced has mid/side and L/R modes, but Neutron doesn't.
On the other hand, Neutron exposes the knee, offers a toggle between RMS, peak and true peak detection. I don't know why these things are not in Ozone, but that's how it its. Also Ozone has 3 comp modes vs Neutron's 2 modes. Why? Not sure.

The compression behavior of both is similar though. It's a distinctive compressor when compared to other brands. But they've clearly put a lot of thought into what's available in each compressor, and operating them feels different for a module that should more or less be the same on both.
I agree there is a huge overlap between the two products. I can only assume Izotope has done so to make more money (otherwise they could have had a "bus" front panel and a "track" front panel (and why not a "vocal" front panel instead of Nectar). So I'd say it's a marketing decision - but I say this without contempt. I don't feel it's a sneaky product line honestly. I like it a lot, especially for the price at flash sale times.

I have found I like to use Neutron over Nectar on vocals, not sure why though (maybe I gave up too soon or expected too much from Nectar).

FWIW, I jumped the deal on upgrading to Ozone Advanced from Elements (99 bucks; 84 at JRR shop as form of an "automatic group by") and am pleased I did. It included the Tonal Balance Control, which I believe will be much more elaborate by soon, with many more templates to choose from etc. My hope is that TBC will eventually put an end to harsh and boomy mixes caused by mixing on unsuitable headphones or badly treated/bedroomish studios. Then we can mix on whatever 'phones we want!
:phones: :party: :tu:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Thank you, guys. That confirms my thinking. I did see the Transient Shaper in Neutron; understandably not in a "Mastering" plug-in.

Perhaps Ozone 9 could incorporate all the modules / variants into a general-purpose plug-in (a la T-RackS)? You could get / use the processing modules that you need. That would be a clearer sales model for the users (= buyers).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Anyone want an unregistered license for free just PM me

Return to “Effects”