West Coastish Endeavors A - Voxonitus ( space music, Reaktor blocks improv, inc. new Kodiak blocks)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Built a rack with a few of the new Kodiak blocks plus some of the other west coast style blocks, and did a live improv with them, resulting in this 30 minute space music journey.

https://soundcloud.com/voxonitus/west-c ... ndeavors-a

You have some great gear there and I enjoyed it (although I must admit I didn't listen to the whole thing... )
Very cool sounds. I haven't done much with West Coast setups myself, but I am definitely interested.
Well done.
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerus wrote:You have some great gear there and I enjoyed it (although I must admit I didn't listen to the whole thing... )
Very cool sounds. I haven't done much with West Coast setups myself, but I am definitely interested.
Well done.
:)
Hey, thanks much!
I'm finding it a bit challenging to wrap my mind around some west coast synthesis concepts and methods, because I've steeped myself so deeply in east coast synthesis. Quite enjoying it tho.

I listened here and there and the sounds are different but good. It sounds pretty industrial, almost noise listening.

It made me think of the early Kraftwerk and Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music but with more sophisticated sounds.

I bought Reaktor 5 a long time ago but it was pretty intimidating. I should upgrade to 6 and mess around with it.

Good stuff!

fastlanephil wrote:I listened here and there and the sounds are different but good. It sounds pretty industrial, almost noise listening.
It made me think of the early Kraftwerk and Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music but with more sophisticated sounds.
I bought Reaktor 5 a long time ago but it was pretty intimidating. I should upgrade to 6 and mess around with it.

Good stuff!
Hey thanks. I do tend toward the more experimental side at times, definitely toward the noise end of the spectrum. And industrial has certainly had a big influence -- especially the more noise side, such as Einsturzende Neubauten

I think the blocks format in Reaktor 6 is really helpful in simplifying the workflow in Reaktor. It's much more straightforward and "sensible." I totally get what you mean about it being intimidating, working in Primary (let alone Core). Blocks is more like wiring together a modular synth system it seems, where Primary almost seems more like programming, and Core more like designing and soldering together your own components.
I only just got Reaktor 6 during their Dec. sale last year. Probably one of the best software purchases I've ever made, and perhaps one of the best musical tools purchases as well.

Return to “Music Cafe”