Damaged File in Sierra demo download

Official support for: photosounder.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

is anybody else having trouble with the Sierra demo download?
Unfortunately its coming up as with a warning message saying photo sounder is damaged and cannot be opened. Im keen to try the demo it before I purchase to check compatibility with my system.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

gogowhippet wrote:Hi

Unfortunately its coming up as with a warning message saying photo sounder is damaged and cannot be opened. Im keen to try the demo it before I purchase to check compatibility with my system.

Yeah I should probably write a warning on the site that as it is it only works if you launch it from the Terminal, because of Apple's stupid Gatekeeper. Try calling something like
~/Desktop/Photosounder/Photosounder.app/Contents/MacOS/Photosounder

The problem is I can't figure out a way to put it in a DMG that works after downloading (even though I did before with the full version, so if you get the full version it opens fine). It's some maddening voodoo, you build everything, put it in a disk image, try it and everything works fine, but if you put it online and download it then it tells you it's "damaged" just because it's "from the web". I hate Apple, they want developers to pay them $100/year to make things smoother and make them use their derelict app store.

I hate them so much I'm actually working on making a web version that would work directly in your browser. No more dealing with increasingly annoying Apple specificities, just something that works on every browser just as well.
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

Hi thanks for the feed back.

It sounds like a nightmare scenario.
If the full version works ok, I will just go ahead and get that.
the web version sounds like great plan.

best Matt
A_SN wrote:
gogowhippet wrote:Hi

Yeah I should probably write a warning on the site that as it is it only works if you launch it from the Terminal, because of Apple's stupid Gatekeeper. Try calling something like
~/Desktop/Photosounder/Photosounder.app/Contents/MacOS/Photosounder

The problem is I can't figure out a way to put it in a DMG that works after downloading (even though I did before with the full version, so if you get the full version it opens fine). It's some maddening voodoo, you build everything, put it in a disk image, try it and everything works fine, but if you put it online and download it then it tells you it's "damaged" just because it's "from the web". I hate Apple, they want developers to pay them $100/year to make things smoother and make them use their derelict app store.

I hate them so much I'm actually working on making a web version that would work directly in your browser. No more dealing with increasingly annoying Apple specificities, just something that works on every browser just as well.

gogowhippet wrote:Hi thanks for the feed back.

It sounds like a nightmare scenario.
If the full version works ok, I will just go ahead and get that.
the web version sounds like great plan.

best Matt
Excellent, I hope it went well.

Yeah it would be pretty cool being able to test the full thing directly on the webpage without having to download and install anything and you could just keep the full version bookmarked. And presumably it would work forever on any device without any need to keep up with the new requirements of each platform. I've already got it working with an older project of mine that has many things (in terms of code used) in common with Photosounder, and it works pretty well on all devices see: http://photosounder.com/emscripten/sbt.html this even works on my phone, although slowly and with no controls.

Sadly Photosounder 2 as it is being written might not be as lucky, since I'm using OpenCL extensively (for hardware GPU acceleration) I'm gonna need to wait until WebCL is widely supported by browsers, which so far isn't happening.

I've released a new version that fixes the issues with Sierra.

Return to “Photosounder”