Electronicy, IDMy, Psychedlicy Thing

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I enjoyed the trip!

It was sort of BOC rocking out. There were enough changes to keep it interesting and a nice mix of sounds.

:tu:

:-)

Interesting and powerful track, I like it :tu:

I would add a bit more spaciality to let it sound "bigger than life"
Pan the HHs a bit different so it doesn't sound too focused to the center. Same with one of this synth or this "flute" (it sounds like a mono synth) which needs a bit delay (dotted 1/8)

4damind wrote:Interesting and powerful track, I like it :tu:

I would add a bit more spaciality to let it sound "bigger than life"
Pan the HHs a bit different so it doesn't sound too focused to the center. Same with one of this synth or this "flute" (it sounds like a mono synth) which needs a bit delay (dotted 1/8)
Thanks for taking the time to listen and reply... Haven't actually started really to mix it yet... just goinbg through the balourious process of rendering down and subgrouping at the mo.

Kind of intrigued what bit you mean as 'flute'. Is the the quite bit in the middle (legato sampled flute and monosynth)? A time on teh timeline would be dandy :-)

Montag wrote: Kind of intrigued what bit you mean as 'flute'. Is the the quite bit in the middle (legato sampled flute and monosynth)? A time on teh timeline would be dandy :-)
Yes, the monosynth in the middle I think it starts at 4:13. There is also this "flute" at 3:13..
I think there are some elements which needs a bit better panning/delay/some kind of stereo effect for better spaciality. The mix sounds a bit too monophonic within some parts.

4damind wrote: I think there are some elements which needs a bit better panning/delay/some kind of stereo effect for better spaciality. The mix sounds a bit too monophonic within some parts.
the song itself is excellent, but
this is why i am always preaching dynamic range. while it is not brickwalled and blaring,
it sounds like something recorded from a radio onto cassette in the 80's
some may go for that sound for nostalgic, accurate recreation of
music of that time, however. :phones:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Music Cafe”