2 Tunes

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, been a long time..! :)

Here are two of my old tracks made in 1998, and I decided to give 'em a rework.

The first one is titled "Clown". I haven't had a clue what went through my mind when I made this :) I just remembered that clown from "IT" and those killer clowns from a movie that I can't remember the title :D

https://soundcloud.com/thedeadsoul/clown

For the second track, I can't remember what the title was, so I just give it NT :) It always has that impression of night, city lights, and quietness for me.

https://soundcloud.com/thedeadsoul/nt-1

Hope you guys can enjoy :) Feel free to drop your comments/critics.

Best,
Adi

Hey Adi,

Good to see you back here. It's certainly been a while. Are you still making those soundtracks?

I just played "Clown". It's definitely got a creepy atmosphere with the piano/bell melody and the string backing. The "lounge" break was an interesting device. It was like waking from a dream only to slip back into the clown dream, or was it the other way around?

It's always interesting revisiting old tracks. Occasionally something really unexpected happens. I'm about to start another remix project consisting of tracks originally from 2010.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space was probably the other film you were thinking of.

Good work :)

great stuff, Sir! right up my alley with the dark + unexpected happy mood change,
well produced too, enjoyed :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

hi @Tim,

Not making soundtracks for now, to be honest I am a bit unproductive, music wise, in 2016. Will try to make amend this year :D Many thanks for the kind comment..in my imagination, it is like a horror-ish clown appear, making a show, and then return to its horror state :hihi: Tbh, not sure why I added the middle part though, but it sounds flowing, so I keep it.. :) Good luck with remixing the old track, and the movie was about convicts who disguise as clowns an killing an entire house. Still can't remember the title... :lol:

@layzer, cheers mate! Glad you can enjoy the tracks, much appreciated..

Hope you guys enjoy the second track as well :D

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

"Clown" sounds like a Danny Elfman soundtrack to a strange Tim Burton movie. Musically impressive although there are some abrupt transitions.

"NT" is kind of like a Miami Vice soundtrack that Jan Hammer made while on sedatives. :hihi: Good but a little too sleepy for my tastes.

These old gems were worth revisiting. :tu:

@Frantz,

Thank you for listening and commenting. Indeed clown has that very abrupt transition, since the idea of the transition came abruptly as well :lol: I hope it is still enjoyable.

For NT,ah yes,the lovely 80s,somehow my music style mostly stuck on that era :D

Thanks again for listening,mate!

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

NT sounds like an 80's drama sitcom...if that's what you were going for...you nailed it! :D

@Alesis: Most of my work has that 80's or early 90's vibe, whether I want it or not, haha :lol: Are you sure it fits for sitcom? A bit too gloomy I think :D Thanks for listening, mate.

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

Clown is nice soundtrack work. I think the transition back from the light jazz to the Clown music was more successful. Maybe the creepy clown place felt more comfortable than the lounge.

The second song seemed like a classical crossover singer tune made into an instrumental. Pretty quirky!

@fastlanephil: cheers mate, thanks for listening...haha, indeed, maybe the creepy clown place is more comfortable :D

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

NT has definitely got that '80s TV drama series soundtrack vibe. No surprise there. You were making quite a few tracks in this style when I first discovered your music 6 years ago. The good old days :D

Good work :)

Hi Tim...haha that's right,im just stuck and lovin it! :lol:

Return to “Music Cafe”