What is the best sounding DAW??

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The best sounding Daw Daw Daw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNYcviXK4rg
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Good comparison
how badly the parts are glued together, it's like if the vocalist sings to a playback song
In nature all is interwoven. This should be somehow replicated.
Also the best sound in a daw depends on the soundlibs you use. If they are preprocessed it's very tricky to almost impossible to get good sound. All commercial drum fonts are preproceed... Most guitar fonts too. The choice is very limited.
samplitude is the best daw for me. To have studio like sound before asking questions on any audio forums in the internet please read the book by alex unlocking fx creative potential

This thread continues. Why?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

solomute wrote:Good comparison
how badly the parts are glued together, it's like if the vocalist sings to a playback song
In nature all is interwoven. This should be somehow replicated.
Also the best sound in a daw depends on the soundlibs you use. If they are preprocessed it's very tricky to almost impossible to get good sound. All commercial drum fonts are preproceed... Most guitar fonts too. The choice is very limited.
fonts? as in soundfonts? that is like from the stone age bro, get with the times: kontakt and UVI engine.

There are several companies that offer a huge range of sample libraries, processed and unprocessed, different mics and recording techniques.
dedication to flying

Jace-BeOS wrote:This thread continues. Why?
Because we are the centre of the universe and deserve the best of the best :clown:

EnGee wrote:
Because we are the centre of the universe and deserve the best of the best :clown:
Like them Star Wars movies ... :hihi:

fedexnman wrote:
EnGee wrote:
Like them Star Wars movies ... :hihi:
In all the sci-fi movies, we are the saviours of the universe! :hihi: Although we are still not sure which DAW sounds the best!

If I could roll my Rs like Gerardo - Rico Suave song I'd have to go with Reaper being the best sounding DAW but you must roll the Rs when saying Reaper . You know like Reaper Suave ., :party:

fonts? as in soundfonts? that is like from the stone age bro, get with the times: kontakt and UVI engine.
Well, some kontakt fonts are just made based on old sf2, especially synths and effects, or on same wav files...
Sf2 is just a format which does not define quality as well as kontakt!

To make your daw sound well you need to add the right plugins on each track and buss and right plugins on master. You need to arrage crosstalk and saturation via console plugins and mic bleed imitation by routing to one or two aux busses - the more the better but powerconsuming but you get 3dsound when you apply different equalization to master and such aux busses. Actually they work as master aux busses or master parallel aux busses. No reverb can do this type of glueing. I almost got 1 mln $ studio sound by this method. I have console strip on almost each track + 3 different saturators on the master. Looks crazy? But that is the price to get studio sound. Whatever your daw is application of these rules is sure to make you a respected sound producer. One more trick is to keep as many instruments in mono as possible, otherwise you totally lose stereo effect and space. Try to monoize each track and check if overall sound spoils - if not leave in mono. You should have NO stereorizers on master, all of them except one secret one spoil your sound and stereoimage and make bass thin.
samplitude is the best daw for me. To have studio like sound before asking questions on any audio forums in the internet please read the book by alex unlocking fx creative potential

Obviously it deserves to stay alive forever. On reason are posts like yours and mine... (Way OT)

solomute wrote: One more trick is to keep as many instruments in mono as possible, otherwise you totally lose stereo effect and space. .
FTW!
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I find a cup tea with 2 sugars increases my DAWs flanging effect by 17% in my left ear. But some of peoples don't like flanginators so it's best in that case to take no sugars in your tea or have glass of water instead.

lotus2035 wrote:I find a cup tea with 2 sugars increases my DAWs flanging effect by 17% in my left ear. But some of peoples don't like flanginators so it's best in that case to take no sugars in your tea or have glass of water instead.
Dont forget to route your audio through a gaming soundcard with always-on resampling for the best possible quality.... Its the $1 min studio sound at its best.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

For God's sake.. people still drink tea???

Woodgardens wrote:For God's sake.. people still drink tea???
Yor DAW sounds much better when you drink tea instead of Whiskey.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”