The Synthmaster 3 Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is sliced samples to developers what is sliced bread for the baker? Easy to sell, but dries out faster? Just curios…; - )

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:42 pm Is sliced samples to developers what is sliced bread for the baker? Easy to sell, but dries out faster? Just curios…; - )
Nice joke :D Sliced samples are basicly loops :)
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:07 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:42 pm Is sliced samples to developers what is sliced bread for the baker? Easy to sell, but dries out faster? Just curios…; - )
Nice joke :D Sliced samples are basicly loops :)
:D :hihi: 8)

It seems the problem with my pc system is way more deeper than drivers and daw i could analyze and fix,re-installation of OS is mandatory,so i'm sorry for the alarm,it's probably windows related problem i have.
Anyway i hope to see dope black and white skins in SM3.
Dune 3 skins made for free by THE INTRANCER are the best skins i have ever seen - hire him to make dope SM3 skins :)
viewtopic.php?t=573990

Excited for Synthmaster 3, been playing with 2.9 and it's a lot of fun to work with. I enjoy the sound possibilities as well and usable presets.

KS's cinematic is amazing and Synthmaster has a very clear and wonderful sound for this type of presentation.

Velltone makes a lot of great presets and a lot of them, I mean a lot- which are awesome, great job and thanks for the hard work.

I've been really enjoying working with Synthmaster 2, and one thing that I think sounds beautiful, and I don't know why, is after a note is played on some of the patches you get a nice trailing off effect. It may be the reverb or the release or something, but it sounds very vibrant and rich. If anyone can tell me, knows what I'm talking about, let me know...

twal wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:32 am It may be the reverb or the release or something, but it sounds very vibrant and rich. If anyone can tell me, knows what I'm talking about, let me know...
Give me the name of an example preset and I'll figure out :)
Works at KV331 Audio

twal wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:32 am I've been really enjoying working with Synthmaster 2, and one thing that I think sounds beautiful, and I don't know why, is after a note is played on some of the patches you get a nice trailing off effect. It may be the reverb or the release or something, but it sounds very vibrant and rich. If anyone can tell me, knows what I'm talking about, let me know...
That's what release envelopes in ADSR are for, as well as a reverb that gives some "space".
Windows 10 and too many plugins

kv331 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:24 am
twal wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:32 am It may be the reverb or the release or something, but it sounds very vibrant and rich. If anyone can tell me, knows what I'm talking about, let me know...
Give me the name of an example preset and I'll figure out :)
I'll keep it in mind, there are several, one thing though, a lot of bugginess in Reaper now. I don't mind awaiting Synthmaster 3 but if I should submit a a report, I will do that.

zzz00m wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:36 pm
twal wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:32 am I've been really enjoying working with Synthmaster 2, and one thing that I think sounds beautiful, and I don't know why, is after a note is played on some of the patches you get a nice trailing off effect. It may be the reverb or the release or something, but it sounds very vibrant and rich. If anyone can tell me, knows what I'm talking about, let me know...
That's what release envelopes in ADSR are for, as well as a reverb that gives some "space".
Yeah, just more curious in the engine I suppose.

twal wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:45 pm
I have the "Everything Bundle" with all of the sound packs, and there are a lot of really great "vibrant and rich" patches among them!

So I am not sure if it is due to anything unique in the SM engine, or that it's due to the skills of the excellent sound designers that created the patches. More likely the latter, by understanding how to use the available parameters for maximum effect!

If I was you, I would have responded to the developer's request for a few examples. It would be interesting to hear his perspective! :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:23 pm
twal wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:45 pm
I have the "Everything Bundle" with all of the sound packs, and there are a lot of really great "vibrant and rich" patches among them!

So I am not sure if it is due to anything unique in the SM engine, or that it's due to the skills of the excellent sound designers that created the patches. More likely the latter, by understanding how to use the available parameters for maximum effect!

If I was you, I would have responded to the developer's request for a few examples. It would be interesting to hear his perspective! :D
Yeah I'll try that today and see if I can find the patches. I should of favorited them but I didn't think about. I bet many more will stand out. IDK if it's the reverb or the release code, but I don't get the same feeling from other patches in other synths in this fashion so I don't think it is the sound designers; because there are great sound designers for other synths too so it is probably the architecture in SM as it one of the pros.

twal wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:51 pm Excited for Synthmaster 3, been playing with 2.9 and it's a lot of fun to work with. I enjoy the sound possibilities as well and usable presets.

KS's cinematic is amazing and Synthmaster has a very clear and wonderful sound for this type of presentation.

Velltone makes a lot of great presets and a lot of them, I mean a lot- which are awesome, great job and thanks for the hard work.
Thanks for nice words,have to admit,that when i bougth SM2 many moons ago,i had no idea how powerful it is actually and honestly still can't understand why kv331 are so humble and do not announcing it - it's a beast,not many synths are even near it's category.
It's heavyweight,heavy metalurgy hihihihih :)
If i complain sometime it's not about the synth or sound,which i absolutely adore,but for some small bugs,which are not even noticable for users,but for designer is pain in the ars :):):)
Tomorrow will upload a video,sort of SM1 VS SM2 battle of basses :)
The idea of this battle is to check which one sit and sound better inside the mix,among other instruments,which one will make the mix more thick.
SM2 probably will be the winner,but who knows:)
Have a nice week to all sm users :)
Cheers :)

Hi everyone, here's a quick update on SynthMaster 3 development:

I've been working on SFZ/ multi-sample related features for the past couple of weeks. Here's the a screenshot of the multi-sample editor prototype:

sample editor.jpg

Sfz text data will be embedded in the preset file for each oscillator, so that each oscillator could have a custom multi-sample defined!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio

Sweet!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Instruments”