The Synthmaster 3 Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:43 am Yes, once you have the license you have it, they can't take it away. Its still useful to support both if its just a recompile. The feature set of the two differ though, I would always want to know what is the main target VST2 or VST3...
As far as I know, VST3 is quite different from VST2. I will learn it next month :)
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

The new GUI looks incredible, I can't wait for that.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

If you mean the GUI in the screenshot on page 1 it's already available as the Dark skin. Or is there another new skin?

Anyway I spent some time with SM 2 yesterday and it's a really incredible synth but I'm finding it to be rather unstable. Anyone else finding the same thing?

(2.9.9 64 Bit on Windows 10).
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

On Mac it is very stable, the only thing I am not sure is the tuning. When tuning an octave up or down, it often seems to be out of tune.

Yes I just noticed that's still a problem on Windows as well. It's a long know issue that the display does not always reflect the actual tuning.

I'm working with SM2 again today and it crashed FL Studio on first load up. It caused several crashes yesterday. I have to figure out what's going on. Normally FL is rock solid here but can on rare occasions have issues with a plugin. Seems like it might have something to do with SM2's GUI.

One issue that drives me nuts is the fact that when you disable one of the layers from the Active buttons it doesn't send an all notes off message so if you're playing a note when you deactivate the layer it will get a stuck note.

It's a great sounding synths just seems a little quirky.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Synthmaster 3, Zebra 3, UFO's, Bigfoot.......hmmm....

Teksonik wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:43 pm If you mean the GUI in the screenshot on page 1 it's already available as the Dark skin. Or is there another new skin?

Anyway I spent some time with SM 2 yesterday and it's a really incredible synth but I'm finding it to be rather unstable. Anyone else finding the same thing?

(2.9.9 64 Bit on Windows 10).
I hadn't played with the skins but if that's available now that's awesome but I thought this was part of the next update.

You're talking about this one right?

SM1 092521.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I think my favorite "modern" skin for SM2 is the sT-Tranquil Blue XT.

Windows 10 and too many plugins

Yes I'm using the non-XT version without the keyboard but to be honest I'd love some more options. I'd love to see a Mikael Eidenberg skin for ST2.

I knocked some of the purple off but SM2 skins are a little difficult to deal with in comparison to other plugins......

SM1 092521-2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Teksonik wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:12 pm You're talking about this one right?

SM1 092521.png
YEah thats the one from the 1st page, that one.

Teksonik wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:48 pm Yes I'm using the non-XT version without the keyboard but to be honest I'd love some more options. I'd love to see a Mikael Eidenberg skin for ST2.
I'd love to see a take from the author of the original Serum skin.
Fernando (FMR)

Yes Serum's default skin is nice. I don't know who did it but they did a great job.

I'm a huge fan of satYatunes' work but his SM2 skins just don't quite do it for me.

Anyone know of any working third party skins?

Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:01 pm Yes Serum's default skin is nice. I don't know who did it but they did a great job.
Lance Thackeray. He also did the official Sylenth skin. I'm a huge fan of his work, in general. https://www.macprovideo.com/article/aud ... -live-skin

BTW - I also like your work too :wink:
Fernando (FMR)

Not a fan of the default SynthMaster 2 and SynthMaster One skins, or SatYatunes' skins in general.

DUNE 3 and RAPID (the latest default skin) have skins I like. The latest Zebra 2 skin is nice too.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Return to “Instruments”