The Synthmaster 3 Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

Here's the latest development update: SM3 development update: Time to add waveform & wavetable editors! I started with the waveform editor first. Hopefuly in a week's time we'll have a proper waveform editor.

There will be 2 types of waveforms in SynthMaster for oscillators & lfos:

1. freehand waveforms: You can import those from wave files & draw them freely. (you can either edit the waveform data or the spectrum data)
2. segmented waveforms: These will be formed by joining line segments / points. there will be different interpolation options for segmented waveforms: No interpolation, linear interpolation, sinc interpolation, spline interpolation, etc.

Here's a screenshot from the latest prototype:

waveform editor.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Thanks for keeping us informed on future developments. Sounding/looking good :tu:

Almost done with the Waveform Editor! Aside from freehand waveforms, you can create waveforms by drawing line segments.

There are multiple interpolation options for the line segments:

Step Interpolation:
waveformEditorStep.jpg
Linear Interpolation:
waveformEditorLinear.jpg
Quadration Bezier:
waveformEditorQuadratic.jpg
Cubic Bezier:
waveformEditorCubic.jpg
I should be done with the waveform editor in a couple of days. Next, I am moving on to the Wavetable Editor!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio

I stsrted a thread recently regarding the old Linplug Spectral, asking for other synths having the possibility to draw your own filter curves. Is this something that might be planned in SM3?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:22 am I stsrted a thread recently regarding the old Linplug Spectral, asking for other synths having the possibility to draw your own filter curves. Is this something that might be planned in SM3?
Actually yes! I guess you are referring to spectral filters. I'm going to put it in the wavetable editor definitely, but I am considering implementing it for single cycle waveforms as well (will see the results in a couple of days!)
Works at KV331 Audio

starflakeprj wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:22 am I stsrted a thread recently regarding the old Linplug Spectral, asking for other synths having the possibility to draw your own filter curves. Is this something that might be planned in SM3?
Hi again,

Here's how filter curves will be drawn for single cycle waveforms:
waveform editor spectrum.jpg
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:02 pm
Hi again,

Here's how filter curves will be drawn for single cycle waveforms:

waveform editor spectrum.jpg
Looks cool, is freehand possible as well?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:04 pm Looks cool, is freehand possible as well?
For now I might limit it to line segments. I also have the idea of a "Spectral Envelope Filter" created from calculating spectral envelopes of segments of an audio file. That filter is gonna be part of the wavetable editor.
Works at KV331 Audio

and finally, SynthMaster 3 has a proper "wavetable editor". Work still in progress, but in about 2 week's time we should be feature complete:

wavetable editor 2.jpg
Works at KV331 Audio

Lovely Bulent.. Love how it is going..
All the best.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:09 pm Lovely Bulent.. Love how it is going..
All the best.
rsp
Thanks Richard :hug:

I hope my efforts would pay off in the end, looks like the KVR community is not much interested in SynthMaster developments anymore :D
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:37 am
All the best.
rsp

I hope my efforts would pay off in the end, looks like the KVR community is not much interested in SynthMaster developments anymore :D
Doubt it's your effort. Synthmaster is a great synth and I'm definitely jumping on version 3.
I think patience is the problem. Not so much caused by you but synth developers in general. I mean, the teasing for Avenger 2 is going on for 2 years. For RAPID the next big update was promised almost a year ago and would definitely come out in januari... The rumors of a Serum 2 are also going on for more than 2 years...

kv331 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:37 am
All the best.
rsp

I am definitely interested! :)

As am I.
The one thing I would wish for in this new cycle is more beta testing though, which might have been a turn off for some here, bugs took too long to be acknowledged and more importantly fixed.

rsp
sound sculptist

Guys I'll do my best to release SM3 without any stowstopper bugs. Right now we are under heavy financial stress to release it before Christmas arrives, I hope we can make it safely...

BTW, here's the latest update on SM3: Now we can load/save wavetables in our our custom "wavetable" format so that all data related to the wavetable is retained. We can also export as 8/16/24/32 bit WAV and import wav/wavetable files via drag-n-drop!
wavetable editor 4.jpg
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”