Which denoising plugin can dynamically change it's noise reduction amount based on average loudness?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It should work like this:

If the song is very quiet.
Apply very small amounts of denoising.

And if the song is very loud.
Apply very high amounts of denoising.

I doubt any of them could do it. It would be much easier to just do it yourself through automation. The only on eI think might be able to do it is MSpectraldynamics, but IMO it would still be easier to just automate things.

Also it seems strange the the noise would increase with the loudness of the song. The noise is usually constant, unless there is some strange sample manipulation or something.

Chandlerhimself wrote:Also it seems strange the the noise would increase with the loudness of the song.
On very loud sounds such as strong resonance peaks. Quiet frequencies around it is going to be considered background noise.

Quiet sounds should not disappear if the full spectrum is quiet.

Quiet sounds should only disappear if one frequency or more of the spectrum is louder in volume than the other frequencies.

izotope's RX can do this
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Chandlerhimself wrote: Also it seems strange the the noise would increase with the loudness of the song. The noise is usually constant, unless there is some strange sample manipulation or something.
exactly :tu:
at least in spaces where the music is typically recorded the noise is constant and can be easily removed by any denoiser/dehisser available...
Jedinhopy wrote: And if the song is very loud.
why :?:
the only reason that come to mind is when the noise is dynamically changing...but in this case all you need is a denoiser plugin which can continually adapt its noise profile /there are plenty of them, but dont expect artifacts free results!/
conclusion - I think you definitelly dont need denoiser which adapt its noise profile based on average loudness of a song, at least if you prefer not to destroy the whole song :wink:

I had to fix a recording a couple days ago where there was a loud air conditioner. The vocal was somewhat dynamic but the microphone used was a condenser microphone and the audio was loud then soft, then loud and soft again during pauses. So, I wanted the noise suppressor to engage strongly when the air conditioning got loud, due to the automatic gain control of the USB mic, but not as much when the noise was lower; however, I had to simultaneously keep the audio in check. I used a combination of two RX5 modules. Two plugins in the chain and both are included in RX5 Standard. RX6 apparently has improved the Dialogue DeNoise module.

I used Dialogue DeNoise followed by DeNoise (Spectral Denoise).

Here's the video that I repaired to you can hear the results. You should have similar results. Oh, I applied very light Dialogue DeNoise but I used Spectral DeNoise a bit more aggressively. I didn't mess with the voice track, I only cleaned up the noise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Wq1gG0uXQ&t=146s
Last edited by Mathematics on Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

kvaca wrote:
Chandlerhimself wrote: Also it seems strange the the noise would increase with the loudness of the song. The noise is usually constant, unless there is some strange sample manipulation or something.
at least in spaces where the music is typically recorded the noise is constant and can be easily removed by any denoiser/dehisser available...
the only reason that come to mind is when the noise is dynamically changing...but in this case all you need is a denoiser plugin which can continually adapt its noise profile /there are plenty of them, but dont expect artifacts free results!/
conclusion - I think you definitelly dont need denoiser which adapt its noise profile based on average loudness of a song, at least if you prefer not to destroy the whole song :wink:
Quiet background noise becomes loud when using a field recorder with built-in limiter enabled
in combination with high microphone sound sensitivity + input recording volume level.

And it is this way that the noise, get's, (dynamically changing) .

Jedinhopy wrote:
kvaca wrote:
Quiet background noise becomes loud when using a field recorder with built-in limiter enabled
in combination with high microphone sound sensitivity + input recording volume level.

And it is this way that the noise, get's, (dynamically changing) .
ha, you dont need to clean the songs but field recordings! :idea:
so...like I have written before - actually you need automatic denoiser which can continually adapt its noise profile, so for instance try any of dialog noise supressors from Waves...

Return to “Effects”