Sound Forge users? A troubling problem...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sound Forge Pro 18

synaptic flow wrote:Updates:

Installed Sound Forge to another computer and the problem remained exactly the same.

Recreated wave files like recommended and the problem remains.

I do not see any advance settings to tinker with for the mp3, other than speed or quality and the misc stereo settings.

I'm starting to reach for crazy ideas now. Could a virus do this? I haven't detected one during any scans.

Yes I'm one of those who uses his internet computer to edit and make music on. And I use my laptop's for DJ'ing.

It's just so crazy because I didn't always have this problem. Also I know it shouldn't be the fact that I am running Win 7 Pro 64bit with 32bit versions of Sound Forge. (I didn't always run a 64bit OS)

I am truly beyond perplexed.

It looks like my only option is to use a separate program for the mp3 conversion. This kind of sours me on Sound Forge for good. And here I was looking towards the Audio Studio 12 upgrade.
While a virus *could* do this, you'd have to find an extremely bored virus writer to get him to target the MP3 converter in SoundForge (while leaving the user's credit card and banking info untouched). :wink:

I'm running a 32-bit version of SF in Windows 7 (x64), too. If you could send me a short piece of what you're converting (as a .WAV file), I can try to re-create your specific problem.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Hey guys, I know this topic is several months old but I just wanted to say that I have given up on a fix. I got the newest version of Sound Forge from the website as a demo and it has the EXACT same problem.

So now I am just doing mp3 conversion in an alternate program and never in Sound Forge again.

So I guess we can consider this topic closed.

bizzare.
like you, i use the audio studio version, and my mp3s are going up over 19k

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”