Mulab 8

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since we have arrived at v7.6, are you already working on v8? It must be getting harder and harder to come up with new features that actually make sense and justify a new main version 8)

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=491130&p=6872506#p6872411

It's been in the works for a while.

Dakkra
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

M8 R&D is progressing. It indeed takes time. It took a serious amount of time to develop the core time-stretching algo. I don't like bad sound so i kept on R&Ding until i was satisfied about the time-stretched sound. I'm very happy about it. Then it takes also time to integrate this TS algo into the composer workflow. Still working on that these days. And parallel to that i've also been reworking certain fundaments of MuLab/MUX wrt other future developments. Then, apart from the coding, unfortunately there are also issues with the house i'm living and working in, issues that slow me down. Trying to resolve these too. Anyway, M8 R&D is progressing, step by step, and i'm still hopeful to share a first test version this year.

Life sure gets in the way :)
Your doing a great job Jo
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Time-stretching, um, what is that good for?

I still use Mulab, and I update it regularly, but only because of possible bug fixes. I don't see new things at the level I use Mulab, because I don't use the geeky stuff under the hood.

What's wrong with your house? :?

fluffy_little_something wrote:Time-stretching, um, what is that good for?
You might Not use TS but that's actually a big thing for alot of people. Myself included. Glad to see its on its way!
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I don't use the geeky stuff under the hood.
You shood -- modular stuff iz good, for geeks n da 'hood!
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Audio is the area where Mulab must catch up with the other DAWS.
So time-stretching, pitch-shifting and audio warping will be welcome.

I also have the Melodyne Essential plugin but it doesn't load up in Mulab.

pquenin wrote: I also have the Melodyne Essential plugin but it doesn't load up in Mulab.
Whats wrong with it? Its working very nice here. Have you also tried the rewire-version?

@jo we all could meet and help you with you house while you are working on mulab. Isnt it a great idea? :-)

urvieh wrote:
pquenin wrote: I also have the Melodyne Essential plugin but it doesn't load up in Mulab.
Whats wrong with it? Its working very nice here. Have you also tried the rewire-version?
When i try to load the dll in Mulab (64 bit, on Windows 10) I have this :
"Exception while creating aeffect for Melodyne_64.dll
'main' returned invalid aeffect
Couldn't create VST instance for Melodyne_64"

There is a VST3 version of Melodyne but Mulab don't load VST3, right ?

Indeed be sure to plugin the VST 2.4 version.

urvieh wrote:@jo we all could meet and help you with you house while you are working on mulab. Isnt it a great idea? :-)
Yeah would be great to meet in real life some day :)
About the house: Not sure if the issues are really solvable, i'm more trying to soften the issues / bypass them. And i'm evaluating moving away, i'm searching for a new home and see what's possible. Anyway, i'll not go in too much details, i just mentioned that because it does eat precious R&D time, since many years already, unfortunately. Finding a good new home / working place would be a great thing. I think out of Flanders, the air is too polluted here.

Come to Portugal, they say Lisbon is the new creative capital of Europe :wink:
The air is pretty clean because the Atlantic winds blow our polluted air into Spain :hihi:
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mutools wrote:Indeed be sure to plugin the VST 2.4 version.
Don't know if it's VST 2.4, it's just written VST2.
And it loads fine in Reason 10 (demo).

I have also some AIR Music plugins that don't show right in Mulab (GUI problems), e.g the Transfuser one...

fluffy_little_something wrote:Come to Portugal, they say Lisbon is the new creative capital of Europe :wink:
I hear good things about Portugal. Looking forward to have a holiday there and get to know it from real life. I'm not a city person though, much more a nature person.

Return to “MUTOOLS”