el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
14875 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Post Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:58 am

kushview wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:30 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:00 am
am a little confused about what the current situation means. Is the GitHub version the full-PRO experience? Is it open for other contributors, and to what extent are you going to still remain involved. My main concern is whether it will keep being maintained, at least as concerns OS compatibility (As a MacOS user it is important for me to not get too 'invested' in a project that might just disappear for Mac users because of the hassles of maintaining OS compatibility).
The github version indeed is the full version. I certainly will keep the project maintained and involved as the creator/lead dev. I do most of my work on a Mac, so no worries there. Element is advertised as Mac / PC support and will keep both up to date. Full Linux/LV2/Jack support is also on the way and shall not be ignored too.
Great! Just started using it. Manual is a bit scant, so not sure if it's me missing things, or if it's the plugin. Will keep exploring.

Intend to set up a Patreon at some point in November. I can't commit to much, but will try to work out a way of reaching the cost of a perpetual license. Would Patreon be the place to talk about feature requests?

kushview
KVRist
45 posts since 7 Aug, 2015

Re: Kushview Element plugin host

Post Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:26 am

Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:58 am
Great! Just started using it. Manual is a bit scant, so not sure if it's me missing things, or if it's the plugin. Will keep exploring.

Intend to set up a Patreon at some point in November. I can't commit to much, but will try to work out a way of reaching the cost of a perpetual license. Would Patreon be the place to talk about feature requests?
Plugins need initially scanned by the stand alone or there is the "Unverified" plugin list in the context menu. The tough part is scanning runs in a separate process then communicates back to the main application. Reason to do it this way is so when a plugin crashes, the whole application doesn't go down.

Features and bugs should be reported at https://github.com/kushview/Element/issues.

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Post Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:56 am

kushview wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:26 am
Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:58 am

Plugins need initially scanned by the stand alone or there is the "Unverified" plugin list in the context menu. The tough part is scanning runs in a separate process then communicates back to the main application. Reason to do it this way is so when a plugin crashes, the whole application doesn't go down.

Features and bugs should be reported at https://github.com/kushview/Element/issues.
Sorry! I should've been clearer. I'd already worked out scanning all my paths in the standalone app. However, there are features and functionality I'd have expected but can't seem to find.

kushview
KVRist

Post Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:57 am

Gotcha! No problem. Yeah the github link is the place to report those things.

acousmod
KVRist
423 posts since 27 Jan, 2004 from France

Post Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:38 pm

I have just discovered the possibility to use Element as a plugin and a wraper : it is brilliant !
But I wonder why it is limited to 10 inputs / outputs.
Is there a technical constraint or is this by design ?
It would be great if it can support a larger number of IO like the standalone version.

kushview
KVRist

Post Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:59 am

acousmod wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:38 pm
I have just discovered the possibility to use Element as a plugin and a wraper : it is brilliant !
But I wonder why it is limited to 10 inputs / outputs.
Is there a technical constraint or is this by design ?
It would be great if it can support a larger number of IO like the standalone version.
Thank you! Technically it can support as much IO as the DAW can handle. 2 main + 4 aux seemed like a good number. Some hosts support adding/removing aux busses. I can look at adding the later as a feature.

https://github.com/kushview/element/issues <-- bugs/features can be requested here.

acousmod
KVRist
423 posts since 27 Jan, 2004 from France

Post Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:33 am

Wonderful !
It will certainly be a must have for all people that are involved with spatial and immersive sound.
Thanks in advance ;-)

GaryG
KVRAF
5805 posts since 13 Jan, 2003 from Kent, UK

Post Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:18 am

Can Element handle feedback loops? Just tried to make a custom delay by feeding the output of a delay back into itself via a mixer but didn't work. No signal at the mixer inputs... Thanks.
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Post Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:23 am

GaryG wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:18 am
Can Element handle feedback loops? Just tried to make a custom delay by feeding the output of a delay back into itself via a mixer but didn't work. No signal at the mixer inputs... Thanks.
:tu:

kushview
KVRist

Post Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:28 am

Feedback loops aren't currently supported but I'll add to the TODO list. Just so I'm clear you have Delay -> AudioMixer -> Back to first Delay?

GaryG
KVRAF
5805 posts since 13 Jan, 2003 from Kent, UK

Post Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:51 am

Cool, thanks.

a picture is easier:

The delay is wet only with no feedback, its outputs go to the second pair of mixer inputs. The idea being I could add other plugs in that feedback path (diffusion etc). The output of the delay is also mixed back with the dry signal (yeah, I wired that module up the wrong way around :))

Thanks.
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")

Kenmac
KVRist
63 posts since 3 Oct, 2006 from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:37 pm

Hi, I'm currently running Element LT on my Mac with Mavericks 10.9.5 without any issues, but whenever I try to run the new full version of Element from the Github website I instantly receive an error. I'd post it here but it's a long report. Have you changed compatibility for this version? Ideally I'd like to run it on Mavericks as that's where my plugins are. Also, I was wondering about the recording functions as I'm currently running the new Github version on Windows 7 but I noticed the recording functions don't seem to work. I'm guessing it's for recording audio? If so, or if it's for MIDI or something else, when will this function be working? Thanks.

kushview
KVRist

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:46 pm

Kenmac wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:37 pm
Hi, I'm currently running Element LT on my Mac with Mavericks 10.9.5 without any issues, but whenever I try to run the new full version of Element from the Github website I instantly receive an error. I'd post it here but it's a long report. Have you changed compatibility for this version? Ideally I'd like to run it on Mavericks as that's where my plugins are. Also, I was wondering about the recording functions as I'm currently running the new Github version on Windows 7 but I noticed the recording functions don't seem to work. I'm guessing it's for recording audio? If so, or if it's for MIDI or something else, when will this function be working? Thanks.
Please add a ticket here: https://github.com/kushview/element/issues. Element should run on OSX 10.8 and up, haven't changed anything in that regard. Had to update my Xcode to support Catalina.

Crash/Error log would be useful, feel free to include it on github.

Element doesn't currently have internal recording. The record button on the transport is, right now, only used to send "record" state to plugins that do support it.

kushview
KVRist

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:48 pm

GaryG wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:51 am
Cool, thanks.

a picture is easier:

The delay is wet only with no feedback, its outputs go to the second pair of mixer inputs. The idea being I could add other plugs in that feedback path (diffusion etc). The output of the delay is also mixed back with the dry signal (yeah, I wired that module up the wrong way around :))

Thanks.
Ok thanks. Yep, the graph renderer tries to prevent feedback loops on purpose. But now I know feeding back can be useful, I could add changes to allow it.

ibne
KVRer
27 posts since 2 Mar, 2015

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:38 am

Feature Request : Built-in Envelop, lfo, step sequencer etc. a la Fl minihost modular.
Last edited by ibne on Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”