alpha forever...upcoming modular synth

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any news on timeline or development?

ralfrobert wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:52 pm Any news on timeline or development?
Features are locked now for the upcoming release, we are working on getting it out as soon as possible! We hope you'll like the new things.
Alpha Forever Modular
Web // Youtube // Facebook //
Instagram // Discord

9b0 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:32 pm
ralfrobert wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:52 pm Any news on timeline or development?
Features are locked now for the upcoming release, we are working on getting it out as soon as possible! We hope you'll like the new things.
Was there a post summarizing the new features? Did I miss it? I always like what you are doing. Great project, really.

ralfrobert wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:36 pm Was there a post summarizing the new features? Did I miss it?
No, I did not post it yet. We just closed new features last week and had lots of discussions of what to do and when to release the next version. There are some issues that we argued about a lot and required tons of research. These decisions will shape the way Alpha Forever works in the future, but for now, we decided to make a new release without working on these things, since they would delay the release a lot (there was a point, where we thought, we're going to restart from scratch).
ralfrobert wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:36 pm I always like what you are doing. Great project, really.
Thanks a lot! We really love to work on (and with) it. :)
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

9b0 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:23 am My track, Collision just received a video:
https://youtu.be/gTLvVW3hc6E

And a sound design breakdown entry:
https://youtu.be/RVWCeYc527I

Every sound is being generated and processed using Alpha Forever only!
Collision is a beautiful composition.

L.B. wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:19 pm Collision is a beautiful composition.
Thanks a lot! I'm just finishing the video of my next release. It's going to be an Alpha Forever exclusive track 2, with the title 'Overcomplicated', the track I vlogged lately.
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

I'm curious if this has any fancy workflow tricks. I'm thinking like how smooth Bitwig Grid is, where you can drag a module over another one and it will swap the connections automatically. Nice workflow features like that?

It sounds great by the way. Haven't had a chance to demo yet....

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:40 pm I'm curious if this has any fancy workflow tricks. I'm thinking like how smooth Bitwig Grid is, where you can drag a module over another one and it will swap the connections automatically. Nice workflow features like that?

It sounds great by the way. Haven't had a chance to demo yet....
Swapping connections automatically, that would be a great feature. :tu: :tu:

L.B. wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:39 am Swapping connections automatically, that would be a great feature. :tu: :tu:
What do you mean under 'swapping connections automatically'?
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

9b0 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:35 pm
L.B. wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:39 am Swapping connections automatically, that would be a great feature. :tu: :tu:
What do you mean under 'swapping connections automatically'?
For example in Bitwig, if you place a similar module on top of an existing module (like a different type of oscillator), it will replace and also keep the connections as they were. Also you can drag a new module onto the connection of a module and it will connect that module to the new one. Bitwig has some really cool workflows for modular building.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:09 pm For example in Bitwig, if you place a similar module on top of an existing module (like a different type of oscillator), it will replace and also keep the connections as they were. Also you can drag a new module onto the connection of a module and it will connect that module to the new one. Bitwig has some really cool workflows for modular building.
I got it now, thanks for the hint! We are always adding new workflow features. As an example, the last release had parallel patching:

We are taking this concept a bit further in the next release. Anyways, replacing a node with another one of a similar type sounds like a useful thing to me, although mixing this with dragging sounds a bit dangerous to me, we will consider this one!
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

Yeah another good thing is to be able to right-click a module and replace with something else, which keeps the connections. Does it have this function?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:23 pm Yeah another good thing is to be able to right-click a module and replace with something else, which keeps the connections. Does it have this function?
We do not have such features yet.
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

Still no Mac version?

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:23 pm Still no Mac version?
Currently, there's no Mac port in sight. We worked towards porting AF to OSX until last summer when M1 chips got official. The deprecation of OpenGL on Macs is really hitting us hard here, since we rewrote our entire UI from Directx to OpenGL in the Q3/Q4 of 2019. We also experimented with bringing AFModular into the 'Juce' framework for portability (most of the multi-platform plugins are 'Juce' plugins), but we encountered UI issues that were not solvable in that environment.

Anyways, there are many plans for the future that might also make Alpha portable, but for the time being, we focus on development instead of porting to other platforms.
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

Return to “Modular Synthesis”