Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

Carnal Sin - 80s inspired Track

baalisoda
KVRist

53 posts since 7 Apr, 2017, from Vellore, Tamilnadu, India

Postby baalisoda; Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:21 pm Carnal Sin - 80s inspired Track

Hello friends,

"Carnal Sin" - my earnest attempt at 80s goodness with some sensual overtones. Do give it a listen when you can and I hope some of you might like it. Thanks in advance :)

https://soundcloud.com/baalisoda/carnal

Cheers! :tu:
Frantz
KVRAF

4273 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:16 pm Re: Carnal Sin - 80s inspired Track

The sounds are very 80s and the mix is excellent. Perhaps it could use some musical surprises to spice things up?
sjm
KVRian

983 posts since 17 Apr, 2004

Postby sjm; Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:57 am Re: Carnal Sin - 80s inspired Track

Sounds good, but Frantz has a point. In my humble opinion, the lack of "surprise" is down to the static "hook", which to me is the high synth line that is first introduced at 0:30. It's a nice sound, it's got the right vibe, but the melody itself isn't very melodic. Not because of the notes, which are fine, but because it lacks rhythmic variation. I'd expect the hook to have a little bit more nuance and, in particular, to have some notes between the kick and the snare for rhythmic variation, groove and interplay with the other parts. Same again at 2:03.

Just a couple of different note lengths in each section would add more character and interest. I'd shorten, rather than lengthen some of the notes, add a few shorter notes for flourishes, and look to add the odd rest for more groove and rhythm.

I very much like the general vibe. I'm just thinking the lead should be more memorable as a melody. Definitely a nice listen.

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe