Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
elkanah77
KVRist

137 posts since 3 Jul, 2016, from Norway
More retrowave synth-pop with references to PSB, ELO and more. All done with hardware synths and samplers from the 80s.

https://soundcloud.com/espenkraft/espen ... -the-score
Frantz
KVRAF

4796 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York
Good song! There are lots of nice details in the arrangement that make this enjoyable.

Should a song about settling a score sound so cheerful? I think the snare is too prominent in the mix.
Richard deHove
KVRist

321 posts since 22 Mar, 2016
The autotune vocals are fighting against the 80s feel. Let's have the 'Detuned' remix :)
elkanah77
KVRist

Frantz wrote:Good song! There are lots of nice details in the arrangement that make this enjoyable.

Should a song about settling a score sound so cheerful? I think the snare is too prominent in the mix.

Thanks! Valid point about the cheerfulness vs settling the score. On the other hand, I enjoy opposites in arrangement vs the subject matter myself when I listen to music. :)
elkanah77
KVRist

Richard deHove wrote:The autotune vocals are fighting against the 80s feel. Let's have the 'Detuned' remix :)

My reason for the noticeable autotune is that I found the opposite just didn't feel right. Ironically. I liked the slight bended feel of some of the notes I sing.
If you listen to some of my other released tracks I don't always go for this kind of vocal sound, but here it seemed to be the right thing even if it goes against a 80s vocal sound obviously. Thanks.
sjm
KVRAF

1652 posts since 17 Apr, 2004
This is a nice little retro thing.

You could - not that it bothers me personally - try a vocoder instead of autotune for more period authenticity.

But isn't it more interesting to give it a twist?
Voted KVR's resident drunk Robert Smith impersonator (thanks Frantz!)
elkanah77
KVRist

sjm wrote:This is a nice little retro thing.

You could - not that it bothers me personally - try a vocoder instead of autotune for more period authenticity.

But isn't it more interesting to give it a twist?

Interesting that you mention a vocoder. I make use of vocoders quite often. I have several tracks where I use a vocoder exclusivly for the vocals.
I don't think it would work optimally here, but the little "bend" in the AT due to a fast correction setting is something I really liked, 80s or not. :)

Thanks!
phreaque
KVRian

679 posts since 16 Jul, 2007, from Baghdad-Iq
Adore it. Great work thanks..
Phreaque Modi
elkanah77
KVRist

phreaque wrote:Adore it. Great work thanks..

Thank you so much! :)

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe