Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

Fragile Gods - "Step Outside the Frame"

Frantz
KVRAF

4269 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:46 pm Fragile Gods - "Step Outside the Frame"

Emerging from musical hibernation, I offer this dark ditty for your amusement or bemusement as the case may be.

https://soundcloud.com/fragilegods/step ... -the-frame

Fragile Gods "Step Outside the Frame"

Synths: Monark, M-Tron Pro, Icarus, Electra2, BFD3, Mono/Poly, Diva

The lyrics are on Soundcloud. Any feedback is appreciated.
ChamMusic
KVRist

243 posts since 12 Jun, 2006, from Birmingham, UK

Postby ChamMusic; Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:25 am Re: Fragile Gods - "Step Outside the Frame"

Hi Frantz:

Love the opening main riff - very strong hook.

Great rhythmic drive throughout with all those melodies and drum beats interlocking very effectively.

Combination of synth sounds in all sections is spot on.

Overall vibe is strong....dark 1980s!

I do have a few things I'm not so sure about:

Vocal performance loses it a little on the higher notes + I'm not keen on the constant use of that heavy processing on the verses...grates after a while for me + the deeper pitched 'watery' elements of it seem to intrude a little onto other parts...seems to dominate the mix too much?

Choruses - effects treatment on vocals works better for me.

Talking about the choruses - not keen on the synth melody behind the vocal...the choose of notes is not quite there for me in terms of fitting with the underlying harmonies and the vocal melody.
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music
layzer
KVRAF

4603 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:48 am Re: Fragile Gods - "Step Outside the Frame"

ChamMusic wrote:=the choose of notes is not quite there for me in terms of fitting with the underlying harmonies and the vocal melody.

i think the underlying melody distracts from the vocals and can be done away completely or panned/ stereo spread where vocals are present to give them more focus.

full review comming later ;)
Last edited by layzer on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
tapper mike
KVRAF

4457 posts since 19 Jan, 2008

Postby tapper mike; Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:36 am Re: Fragile Gods - "Step Outside the Frame"

Loved it, I find that the vocals were a little weak and it didn't work with the effects on top of them.
Other than that I think it was great production very cool punk-funk vibe calling back to a strange mix of David Bowie and Dan Hartman.

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe