macOS High Sierra Compatibility

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's that time! :hihi:

Have y'all had a chance to do any testing yet?
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote:It's that time! :hihi:

I'm sorry about the terribly late reply, but I just haven't been on KVR for a long time. Luigi usually emails me any urgent support requests, but we must have accidentally missed this one.

I have tested (and just now, quickly retested) the main plugins (Modelonia, Peti SA, EMM Knagalis, Sinnah, Noisetar, daHornet, Bit Fluzer) on High Sierra (10.13.2) / Logic Pro X 10.3.3 and they are all working fine. We have, in the meantime, have had some reports of new installs not showing up in the Plugin Manager, but I haven't been able to reproduce this at all. And there are similar reports for other people's plugins too, but nothing consistent to indicate we are doing something out-of-date.

blurk wrote:
syntonica wrote:It's that time! :hihi:

I'm sorry about the terribly late reply, but I just haven't been on KVR for a long time. Luigi usually emails me any urgent support requests, but we must have accidentally missed this one.

I have tested (and just now, quickly retested) the main plugins (Modelonia, Peti SA, EMM Knagalis, Sinnah, Noisetar, daHornet, Bit Fluzer) on High Sierra (10.13.2) / Logic Pro X 10.3.3 and they are all working fine. We have, in the meantime, have had some reports of new installs not showing up in the Plugin Manager, but I haven't been able to reproduce this at all. And there are similar reports for other people's plugins too, but nothing consistent to indicate we are doing something out-of-date.
Thanks, blurk! No worries.

After I had verified all but 2 or 3 plugins were reported as working fine, I went ahead and took the plunge. I haven't seen any issues except the ordering on presets in AUs, which won't stop me! :lol:

I did have a couple of AUs failing to scan (when they previously had been!) but the later 10.3.2 Logic update cured that issue.

All-in-all, musically, this has been a smooth macOS update. But I'm considering freezing my current machine at this OS, which seems to be 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and 10.9 (Mavericks) quality. I'm afraid newer OSes will try pushing me further into the "Cloud", which is, of course, someone else's computer and I only trust myself with my data.

But I would love to see Logic for the new iPad Pros, which pretty much kick my laptop's rear in speed. 3 cores to my 2 for a 50% speed bump. The convergence of macOS and iOS is closing fast.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote:After I had verified all but 2 or 3 plugins were reported as working fine, I went ahead and took the plunge. I haven't seen any issues except the ordering on presets in AUs, which won't stop me! :lol:
Great, thanks for the feedback. It's always good to have an independent report. I'm interested in what you see as preset ordering issues. I've been reworking the AU support quite a bit late last year (nothing released yet), and getting a decent preset listing in AU hosts is really tricky. It all seems very under-documented: I see Alchemy has a nice hierarchical preset view in the AU host (we, like many other plugins, also have our own preset browser in the newer plugins, to avoid host variability) but I see no way of replicating that.
I did have a couple of AUs failing to scan (when they previously had been!) but the later 10.3.2 Logic update cured that issue.
Yes, while I am wary of immediately blaming something external, the fact that there were only sporadic reports and those for a variety of plugins led me to suspect a dud host update being behind those reports.
All-in-all, musically, this has been a smooth macOS update. But I'm considering freezing my current machine at this OS, which seems to be 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and 10.9 (Mavericks) quality.
You had me worried for a sec: I misread and thought you were saying you were still on 10.6. We still (barely) support that, but doing so is seriously holding back some compiler technology and SDK upgrades that would be really nice in this era.
I'm afraid newer OSes will try pushing me further into the "Cloud", which is, of course, someone else's computer and I only trust myself with my data.
I hear you.
But I would love to see Logic for the new iPad Pros, which pretty much kick my laptop's rear in speed. 3 cores to my 2 for a 50% speed bump. The convergence of macOS and iOS is closing fast.
Scary, eh?

Return to “NUSofting”