Little Lies (Fleetwood Mac cover)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recorded this over the last couple of days, I've actually recorded this before too (a couple of years ago)... and I posted it here then, but it wasn't too flash. I wanted to keep it similar to the original, but a touch crisper and louder, I'll be doing an electro pop version too at some stage... anyway, here it is, there's also a Soundcloud link if you'd like to download it.

Cheers! :tu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb7JfqleBgE

https://soundcloud.com/anelectricheartmusic/little-lies

Nice work! Thumbs up from me :tu:
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

that was pretty well done. a little too drenched in reverb to label it professional caliber, however.......
IMHO ;)
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:that was pretty well done. a little too drenched in reverb to label it professional caliber, however.......
IMHO ;)
:lol: Cheers! Actually, I wouldn't normally use so much reverb, but I was kind of trying to copy the 80s vibe of the original, while also trying to make other elements more punchy and clear (than the Fleetwood Mac version). The plate reverb on the snare and vocals is the new little plate from Soundtoys... it's a seriously kick-ass reverb!

Good effort. I think you kept it in the original key which maybe is a bit high for your voice. Otherwise, it sounds quite good.

Cool. Well done.

Bit too much reverb on the lead vocal. I'd like to actually hear your voice.

Synth sounds are not very rich but the tune is so good, who cares? It's all about the song. A clearer lead vocal would make such a difference.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Like it. You have a good voice.

Cool take. I think it's an act of artistry to get this close to the original. Well done.
Greetings
HM

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Interesting that the vocal reverb keeps coming up. As I said earlier, I was going for something close to the original, but a touch brighter, punchier, and overall a bit more modern sounding, I really thought I'd used less reverb than is used on the Mac version... maybe not!

And yes, I kept it in the original key, which changed the vibe a bit. Christine sings it really relaxed and breathy, but some of those notes are pretty much as high as I can go, so I'm really pushing my vocals, and in turn it comes out quite intense... maybe too intense. I did experiment with singing the verses an octave lower (I still sing the chorus harmonies an octave lower than the original), but I decided that that would almost be cheating :hihi: ... I'd never sing that high in my original music.

I could be totally wrong, but I think your singing over a old karaoke track.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:I could be totally wrong, but I think your singing over a old karaoke track.
In this case I didn't play all the instruments, they are sequenced, but I did work them out myself and mix it.

Return to “Music Cafe”