Falling (EDM/Pop)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My new track from the Vox album

https://soundcloud.com/garryknight/falling

Well Garry, that was quite a synthelizing track there :-), nice pads, lead bass and effects. Very much an uplifting and positive sounding mood to it, which is emphasized by the female vocal material.

Drums and percussion is pretty good overall, some unusual choices of placement of sound in that area though. Some very noticeable sustaining of a sizzling cymbal synth seems to take predominance over other sounds, which seems to be sustaining a little too long. I'm not sure if that is just characteristic of the type of music you're going for, or if it's something you've not really noticed. But other than that, nice track around.

:-)
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

^^^^yeah, the crash is too loud. and the singers voice has too much of a telephone tone to it.
nice song though.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

The crash doesn't come through so loud on my regular AKGs, but I listened on my Sennheiser earbuds and you're right. Much too loud. And I high-passed the vocals to cut through the pads, then later on I carved out an EQ notch and forgot to move the high-pass back down. Thanks for some great feedback, guys.

I'm also hearing some weird clicking or pops, particularly noticeable in the sparser part at 3:06, but crop up at a few other points. If you're sidechaining the whoosh using peak automation, maybe that's the culprit.

If you mean the pumping whoosh sound, that's a sample wave file I imported. The clicking and pops could be part of one or more of the other sound effects I've used. I'll have a closer listen. I might need to use a few more fades. Thanks for pointing this out.

Remixed version uploaded, but I need to give it a few more listens to be happy with it.

The singing and composition are both quite good. It has commercial potential I think.

Overall the mix sounds distant and muffled. This would be radio friendly if the various mix issues could be sorted out.

I think you may be sidechaining the bass to the kick in the beginning with the kick muted. This makes the bass sound out of time.

Good work. Lots of potential here. :tu:

Couple of other minor observations on a new listen:

A few of the delays on your synth stab are getting in each other's way when you play the double hits. It sounds just a little untidy, e.g. at 0:49. It doesn't sound terrible, just like you could do with tightening that up a little bit, maybe ducking the delay when the synth plays.

I think Frantz has a point, your vocals in particular are rather far back in the mix for something so crucial. Check your reverb settings. That said, my ears are a bit gunked up, so I'm probably not in the best position to really comment on this. But I think you can really notice it when you sprinkle in the effect around 3:30. The effect encloses the vocals completely, and when the effect disappears, you can hear how far back the vocals are in relation to where the effect was. If you are only listening on headphones, you will be missing out on a lot of this information.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

The bass and the pads have an LFOTool on them, which is turned on and off at various points. The kick is muted (high-cut) at the beginning and end of the piece.

The delay on the synth stabs is definitely too heavy. I need to automate the send. I don't have decent monitors, only my cheap PC speakers, so I've been mixing on my AKGs and listening on my Sennheisers and other systems, so it's been difficult to balance the vocals. I can probably duck the effect under them.

This has all been valuable. Thanks again.

Keep at it, it's a good track.

Thanks. Will do :)

Nicely done
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Thanks, tapper mike :)

Like it. Well done.

Return to “Music Cafe”