New synth: Aparillo by Sugar Bytes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aparillo

fisherKing wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:04 pm ... and remember now why i stopped using it. for me, it's more fun to play with than to fit into a music project. it IS pretty cool tho
You should start a music project around having fun to play…
Maybe improvisation is a valuable consideration…

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:08 pm
fisherKing wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:04 pm ... and remember now why i stopped using it. for me, it's more fun to play with than to fit into a music project. it IS pretty cool tho
You should start a music project around having fun to play…
Maybe improvisation is a valuable consideration…
that is how i start everything. and i've used aparillo in projects in the past; but no longer needed. for anyone else who's using it, enjoy it!

Thats exactly my experience with it too.
Its a lot of fun, makes some great sounds..., but then its time to fit it in a mix..
I still have it installed, for the fun. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Maybe build a mix around it, around the (complex) sound from Aparillo. I think this can work in the more experimental electronic music genres very well.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Yea, its perfect for like the epic pad that is the main focus. Its exactly perfect for that.
Probably the same for like, THE big pluck in a track maybe.
I prob have not pushed it enough in the directions it was not designed for.
ImageImageImageImage

himalaya wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:49 pm Maybe build a mix around it, around the (complex) sound from Aparillo. I think this can work in the more experimental electronic music genres very well.
That…
Mixing and arranging means: giving the sounds you want to hear the space they need… Composing is organizing sounds in time…

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:28 am
himalaya wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:49 pm Maybe build a mix around it, around the (complex) sound from Aparillo. I think this can work in the more experimental electronic music genres very well.
That…
Mixing and arranging means: giving the sounds you want to hear the space they need… Composing is organizing sounds in time…
that's one viewpoint. in the era we're in now (for me, anyway), mixing, arranging, and composing is all pretty-much a singular thing...

I bought Aparillo on the special - so far seems like it will suit what I do. Pretty easy to use and if you want simpler sounds just eq to cut the bands you dont want

I also jumped on the special price and I've found that creating sweeping and evolving special effects is ridiculously easy with Aparillo. This is such a cool little synth. Using automation in Logic Pro X really brings it to life with patches that sound like they could be main elements in a Hans Zimmer score.

I'm using it along with Other Desert Cities granular reverb and delay by Audio Damage and it sounds so epic and cinematic!! I'm sure the newness of it will wear off at some point for me, but until then, I look forward to spending some time exploring everything it has to offer. Two thumbs up!! :tu: :tu:

<--- Late to the Aparillo party. (Yeah, what else is new?)

Demoing Aparillo, I was under the impression it was a fairly simple synth because of its relatively nondescript interface. But now that I've delved deeper and saw a few tutorials on YT, it's really deep to the point of intimidating. Serves me right. Lately, I'd been lamenting how all these new synths coming out just mimic each other while offering nothing new, especially since there are free great-sounding ones like GR-8, SurgeXT, Vital, Odin II and so on.

Aparillo is a horse of a different colour, though. It is fun to explore because it's so different, and it works well for making ambient tracks. I guess I'm better late than never.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Spot on. Aparillo is pretty amazing.

Return to “Instruments”