[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Elektronisch wrote:
rodanmusic wrote:3 things I want and that's literally all I feel I need from this daw:
1. A hardware instrument with latency compensation.
2. Some kind of useful step sequencer device.
3. VST Plugin sandboxing.

:pray:
1. Wasnt pipline plugin made for that in s1 already?
2. I think arpegiator is not good :)
3. What is that?
I think that's only used for audio processors?

I want one to use with hardware synthesizers. I'm thinking of a hardware device like Bitwig has where a single track has both audio and midi. You just run a latency check and it automatically compensates for input latency so your incoming audio is in line with your midi.

Like this guy is talking about:
https://youtu.be/0JAyXCp58H8?t=3m35s

Plugin sandboxing is another thing Bitwig has. It's where every plugin can be run as its own process so if one of them crashes, everything else continues running and you don't lose your song. You can then just click to reactivate the failed plugin, it reloads, and you can continue working.

rodanmusic wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:
rodanmusic wrote:3 things I want and that's literally all I feel I need from this daw:
1. A hardware instrument with latency compensation.
2. Some kind of useful step sequencer device.
3. VST Plugin sandboxing.

:pray:
1. Wasnt pipline plugin made for that in s1 already?
2. I think arpegiator is not good :)
3. What is that?
I think that's only used for audio processors?

I want one to use with hardware synthesizers. I'm thinking of a hardware device like Bitwig has where a single track has both audio and midi. You just run a latency check and it automatically compensates for input latency so your incoming audio is in line with your midi.

Like this guy is talking about:
https://youtu.be/0JAyXCp58H8?t=3m35s

Plugin sandboxing is another thing Bitwig has. It's where every plugin can be run as its own process so if one of them crashes everything else keeps running in Bitwig and you don't lose your song. You can just click to reactivate the failed plugin, it reloads, and you can continue working.
About pipeline, i see. I thought it worked already like that :)

About sandboxing, indeed its a good feature but i have a feeling S1 team would have to rewrite whole program for that, because plugin has to be run in some sort of wrapper program (FL also has sandboxing and runs via wrapper) :)

image from a youtube channel (HST LiveStreams) that is close to PreSonus on last week stream
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I've had some dubious plug's crash in Studio One (buggy ones which I didn't need in any case and uninstalled later), however I've never had a plugin bring down Studio One entirly I don't think. Typically it's just a matter of closing the plugin window and carrying on as usual without further issues. If you want piece of mind, avoid using Ilok based plug's with Studio One, although I'd say that of any daw I was using.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Interesting. I do have some iLok plugins (Soundtoys). I will see if iLok might be causing the issue. Thanks for the information.

7 Days... :D ..

Oddly... the place in which that storm cloud was on their FB page, now has some video showing new audio interfaces.. we've not seen before...(weIl I haven't anyway).... The demonstration and subsequent music promo vid starts from 8:08 in. (There is no sound till that point)

https://www.facebook.com/PreSonus/video ... 516882634/
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I wonder if we're gonna get some proper surround sound mixing features like a few other DAWS out there right now... cough Nuendo / Bandlab... :D

LCR
LRC+LFE
LRS
LFS+LFE
Matrix UHJ
QUAD
4.1 (SMPTE/ITU)
Quad+LFE
PanAmbio 4.1
LCRS
Surround (SMPTE/ITU)
Surround Media
LCRS+LFE
5.1 (Standard 3/2)
5.1 (Film/Alternative)
5.1 (Music/Alternative)
5.1 (SMPTE/ITU)
6.0 (Hexagon)
6.0 (Film/Alternative)
6.0 (Music/Alternative)
6.1 (Film/Alternative)
6.1 (Music/Alternative)
6.1 (SMPTE/ITU)
7.0 (Heptagon)
7.0 (Film/Alternative)
7.0 (Music/Alternative)
7.1 (Film/Alternative)
7.1 (Music/Alternative)
7.1 (SMPTE/ITU)
8.0 (Octagon)
8.0 (Film/Alternative)
8.0 (Music/Alternative)
8.1 (Film/Alternative)
8.1 (Music/Alternative)
8.1 (SMPTE/ITU)

C
Center (directly in front of listener)
Rc
Right of Center
R
Right (standard Stereo placement)
Sr
Side right—directly to the right of the listener
Rs
Right Surround
Cs
Surround (rear center)
Ls
Left Surround
Sl
Side Left—directly to the left of the listener
L
Left (standard Stereo placement)
Lc
Left of center
LFE

Low Frequency Effect speaker(s)—placed according to room acoustics
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Fri May 18, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

I'd be shocked if they release surround features. And thrilled. The Presonus feature request "answerbase" that tracks votes for features has a whole bunch of other priorities higher on the list though... but who knows, it might happen. It would be quite a feat if they pulled that off. Certainly not trivial. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

BTW, I just looked up the answerbase, and top vote-getters include track notes, session import, OMF/AAF import, drum editor, a variety of MIDI features (including articulation editor), etc... 5.1/7.1 surround mix looks like it's in the top 20 requests though, so maybe they'll do it. I'll bet at least 3-4 of the top vote-getters will be in this release.

Notion 6.4 was just released and mentions some improved interoperability with Studio One that will be announced in a few days. Maybe we will finally get a score editor in Studio One via Notion instead of having to go back and forth between the two.

That would be great, 4 more days to find out!

ionekvr wrote:I'd be shocked if they release surround features.
Agree. Not sure how many people have surround setups in their studios or even need it and I'm also not sure why anyone doing that wouldn't already have Nuendo or something similar.

Would be nice (keeping up with the Joneses and all that) but honestly, the percentage of DAW users who actually need surround mixing has to be pretty small.

dupe

LawrenceF wrote:
ionekvr wrote:I'd be shocked if they release surround features.
Agree. Not sure how many people have surround setups in their studios or even need it and I'm also not sure why anyone doing that wouldn't already have Nuendo or something similar.
I thought the same when i read about surround support. Not really something i would imagine a popular feature request.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”