[Dance] sxop - We Will Make You Fly

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi together,

something new that took me a little bit more time than I'd really like to admit :wink:

https://soundcloud.com/sxop/we-will-make-you-fly

Hope everything works in the mix after all, but perhaps another pair of fresh ears can give better judgment and direction.
Playing in G minor with a solid 128 bam per minute ;)

Enjoy!
sxop

I’m not that schooled in the genre but it sounded balanced to me.

Good EDM!

Loved the distorted synth from around 1 minute in. That was the bit I was waiting for!

Not sure you need that much side-chaining in the breaks when there's no kick playing. Of course that might be personal taste, I just find it distracting personally.

fastlanephil wrote:I’m not that schooled in the genre but it sounded balanced to me.

Good EDM!
Thx fastlanephil, nice feedback and kind words! Probably the balance is ok enough if others say so. Now I only have to find the right genre for my tracks :)

sjm wrote:Loved the distorted synth from around 1 minute in. That was the bit I was waiting for!

Not sure you need that much side-chaining in the breaks when there's no kick playing. Of course that might be personal taste, I just find it distracting personally.
Thank you sjm, or shall I call you by your secret identity steevm ;)
Too much side-chaining is also something that typically struck me right away in other songs, but here I think I couldn't hear it anymore :dog:

shodri wrote:Thank you sjm, or shall I call you by your secret identity steevm ;)
My cover is blown.

Solid EDM. The little variations kept it interesting. 8)

The kick drum is mixed lower than typical for the genre which is fine with me as I am not a fan of super loud kicks.

I think my whole track is a little thinner than others.
Most likely because all compressors and exciters are reduced to a minimum and the kick is not so punchy.

Thanks a lot Frantz for your feedback!

i'm still learning mixing mastering, i get ear fatigue easily, but this is definitely the tune i would want to hear in a club when i'm there, great sounds, dope transitions, and great beat! remember you from IL Forums, Keep up the good work man ;).
Aspiring HipHop Producer: https://soundcloud.com/djlfd

DJ LFD wrote:i'm still learning mixing mastering, i get ear fatigue easily, but this is definitely the tune i would want to hear in a club when i'm there, great sounds, dope transitions, and great beat! remember you from IL Forums, Keep up the good work man ;).
Hey LFD, you're absolutely right about the IL forum, also remember you from there.
From time to time I still pass there by and post some comments but don't post my tracks because I recently switched to Ableton. It just fits better to my workflow.

Thanks for your feedback, gave me some motivation to continue and improving :)

You're Welcome, I've been using a Novation Launcky 49 MIDI Keyboard Controller... Ableton Lite is available to me, and i think i'm stuck on FL Studio, just bought the Producers Edition Upgrade for Xmas.

I watched a great vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POAIy44dE_I

I didn't have Maximus before, and i still need to watch this very carefully because he doesn't explain how to achieve the balance, he just tells you what Freq. in his mix he is compressing without the why, and the how is even confusing too, i'd use SoundGoodizer, but it often muds up my mix, i just started trying to be on the road to Pr0 in Feb this year :-?

I have a lot of experience in creating sounds and engineering them to be exciting, but it's hit or miss with some of my mixes as i haven't yet seen a tutorial series that walks you through from creating the sound to leveling it, mixing it, and making it sound good with mastering and exciters. i don't have a lot of plugins either, but i think Sytrus comes with Prod. Edit. so i'm glad :) Any pointers to resources other than Busy Works beats.TV (i've seen it and it's helpful, but i think i need more in-depth "from beginner" tutorials, i'm confused).

Thank you for reading, im sorry but i couild use pointers from non-competing artists, i'm in a whole different genre in TripHop, but have a deep appreciation for Club Music and EDM, especially 90's Rave Revival, of which i made 2 tracks in that genre. Cheers, Merry Xmas!
Aspiring HipHop Producer: https://soundcloud.com/djlfd

Return to “Music Cafe”