Latest Builds: Zebra 2.8 *beta*

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra Zebralette Zebrify

synth_punk wrote:Does Zebra load faster now on Mac/Logic X btw ?
Was there a problem before? It loads in about 2 secs seconds here, on a 2011 MBP, comparable to any other similar plugin, as far as I can see.. (Kontakt takes about 6 secs, Arturia plugins about 5 secs...)

On PC not mac, I had a few lengthy waits/gui freezes whilst moving some presets from one author to another, maybe like 200 presets.....took about 5 minutes, thought that zebra 2 had crashed but eventually was ok and allowed me to continue doing stuff.
The first time however, again in PC not Mac of choosing my oscillator waveforms, it froze zebra for over 15 minutes. I eventually started a new instance of zebra which behaved properly and removed the 'frozen' instance.
This is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1709 in Nuendo 8.
Not a complaint, just a report. Has behaved well since.....

rsp
sound sculptist

Always been pretty slow here (along with Dark/HZ as well). Urs acknowledged the issue previously when I brought it up.
beely wrote:
synth_punk wrote:Does Zebra load faster now on Mac/Logic X btw ?
Was there a problem before? It loads in about 2 secs seconds here, on a 2011 MBP, comparable to any other similar plugin, as far as I can see.. (Kontakt takes about 6 secs, Arturia plugins about 5 secs...)

Zebra (and ZHZ) load pretty much instantly over here.

teilo wrote:I have noticed, however, that the new MSEG editor if a bit glitchy, with a lot of lag. This is only true of the large editor. The small one is performing fine. This is on macOS 10.12.2 on a late 2016 15" Macbook Pro (w/maxed out CPU and GPU).
How's the Osc spline editor working for you? - I did a trick there which removes the "slur" on MacOS X. Might put that in the MSEG as well, if it works everywhere.

zvenx wrote:On PC not mac, I had a few lengthy waits/gui freezes whilst moving some presets from one author to another, maybe like 200 presets.....took about 5 minutes, thought that zebra 2 had crashed but eventually was ok and allowed me to continue doing stuff.
The first time however, again in PC not Mac of choosing my oscillator waveforms, it froze zebra for over 15 minutes. I eventually started a new instance of zebra which behaved properly and removed the 'frozen' instance.

rsp
Virus scanner?

This is actually my first time properly demoing Zebra (tried the CM freebie way back but that doesn't count). I immediately regret this decision. As does the dog who has been waiting for his walk.

I may have to use my U-he coupon, even though I really shouldn't!

It does seem to sound different.

I am looking forward to the Zebra HZ/Dark Zebra version. Please don’t rush that one. If it’s anything like Z2 2.8, it will be a great 2018!

Happy Christmas from the swamps of Florida

AF

This is fantastic! Zebra was already one of my very favorite synths and this makes it a lot nicer to patch.

I can't figure out how to make the new skins the default. Once I select either of the two new skins the "make default" option is no longer available in the skin selection menu. Is this a known issue?

kuniklo wrote:This is fantastic! Zebra was already one of my very favorite synths and this makes it a lot nicer to patch.

I can't figure out how to make the new skins the default. Once I select either of the two new skins the "make default" option is no longer available in the skin selection menu. Is this a known issue?
you shouldn't have to do a make default, at least when you choose them from the preferences.
rsp
sound sculptist

Urs wrote:
zvenx wrote:On PC not mac, I had a few lengthy waits/gui freezes whilst moving some presets from one author to another, maybe like 200 presets.....took about 5 minutes, thought that zebra 2 had crashed but eventually was ok and allowed me to continue doing stuff.

rsp
Virus scanner?
Possible but the whole u-he data folders are in the exempt zones.....
seems to only happen the first time though.....once I let it do it stuff even in subsequent computer restarts it seems to be fine.
rsp
sound sculptist

Is it possible to speed up the gui a little bit under macos (10.12.6 4k resolution)? It will be kind of a little bit laggy with 110% scaling. I remember more recent vstgui had some opengl support or something...? Nevertheless the update is great.

Updated Bitwig device panel and Komplete Kontrol NKS templates to include new Fold modules - dl from their repositories below:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ie17173tybqd ... tzeUa?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ulf40cicmwzu ... ChOwa?dl=0

Amazing work ethic from you and your team Urs. Right up to the death knock.

I hope you and your team have a great break over Christmas.

kuniklo wrote:I can't figure out how to make the new skins the default. Once I select either of the two new skins the "make default" option is no longer available in the skin selection menu. Is this a known issue?
"Make default" isn't used anymore. Please go to the preferences (the cogwheel in the upper right corner).
There you can set which skin you want to load by default.
default_skin.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Return to “u-he”