Roland JV-1080 finally, as virtual instrument!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Roland Cloud

blah blah blah

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

stupid comment... i tried it and it works... perhaps something wrong with your connection

done only via stupid Proxy

Link works. Thank you. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I can't seem to get the link to work, but.. what is the current procedure for getting sysex to load on the VSTS again? I'm sorta lost on the whole deal.

BigPop718 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:46 pm Here's the cloud xv5080 bins converted for cloud JV1080 and SRX Keyboards
Very cool! :clap: How did you do that?
I have a JV-1080 VST bin that I would like to convert to a SRX.

m5g wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:02 pm
Spirit2017 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:22 pm Python-Blue Roland bins:

JV90 Collection
JV1000 Factory
JV-XV Collection
XV5050 Bank E,F,G,H
SR-JV80-11 Techno Collection
SR-JV80-12 Hip Hop Collection
SR-JV80-19 House Collection
SR-JV80-4 Vintage Synth
SR-JV80-8 Keyboards of the 60s&70s
SR-JV80-9 Session
SR-JV80-2 Orchestral
SR-JV80-16 Orchestral II
SR-JV80-5 World
SR-JV80-14 World Collection Asia
SR-JV80-18 World Collection Latin.

http://www.python-blue.com/uploads/1/4/ ... d_bins.zip

All working with the plugins.You need all the SRX and the JV1080 Vst ;)
Please, share the bins... link is dead
Thanks
Could someone share the bins? Or send them to me ? It doesn't' work for me either :(

Hey guys, long time...

If anyone is still interested in JV-1080 Sysex -> Cloud JV-1080 conversion, you can now check out:

http://www.difficultaudio.com/roland

- Initial beta release, Expansion/PCM waves are not yet supported

Check the release notes on the page for more.

Some info - after Roland released the XV-5080 plugin, it kind of killed my motivation to continue, especially the very tedious and tweaky MFX conversion of all the algorithms which was taking a long time. The work would not have been imo worth the effort just to convert one or two banks of extra sounds.

I recently had to go back and do some work on the D50 convertor, so while I was in that mode, I thought maybe I can scrap the 5080 conversion, use the info I had and repurpose this just for JV-1080 conversion, so that's what I've been doing for the last few weeks.

It would be great to get your feedback as you convert your sounds and notice any conversion things that could be improved.

Next to do will be mapping all the waves from the Expansion and PCM card sets into Cloud Plugin equivalents so any Sysex patches that reference waves from those expansions will work (in the appropriate plugin version containing those waves).

Muuu wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:41 pm I can't seem to get the link to work, but.. what is the current procedure for getting sysex to load on the VSTS again? I'm sorta lost on the whole deal.
On the D-50 plugin you click the Patch button towards the left side and then click the Load button. I have tried it with the banks here and it works that way for me:
http://bobbyblues.recup.ch/roland_d-50/ ... tches.html

It works pretty good, just sometimes the env release is longer that expected.

Thanks and bravo for your work :)
beely wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:30 am Hey guys, long time...

If anyone is still interested in JV-1080 Sysex -> Cloud JV-1080 conversion, you can now check out:

http://www.difficultaudio.com/roland

- Initial beta release, Expansion/PCM waves are not yet supported

Check the release notes on the page for more.

Some info - after Roland released the XV-5080 plugin, it kind of killed my motivation to continue, especially the very tedious and tweaky MFX conversion of all the algorithms which was taking a long time. The work would not have been imo worth the effort just to convert one or two banks of extra sounds.

I recently had to go back and do some work on the D50 convertor, so while I was in that mode, I thought maybe I can scrap the 5080 conversion, use the info I had and repurpose this just for JV-1080 conversion, so that's what I've been doing for the last few weeks.

It would be great to get your feedback as you convert your sounds and notice any conversion things that could be improved.

Next to do will be mapping all the waves from the Expansion and PCM card sets into Cloud Plugin equivalents so any Sysex patches that reference waves from those expansions will work (in the appropriate plugin version containing those waves).

carla wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:12 amIt works pretty good, just sometimes the env release is longer that expected.
Thanks for the feedback - this stuff is why it's it's a beta thing - like I say, I don't have a JV-1080 to directly compare thing by ear, hence why I'm relying on user-feedback.

Can you give me some examples? Do you mean the release value is correct, but it *sounds* longer in the plugin? (In which case, it's possible the JV-1080 and the plugin times are scaled differently).

Or do you mean the value converted is different to what it should be?

I have converted a bunch of 1080 bunches via my tool, and also used my XV-5080 to load the JV-1080 sysex to compare with how Roland's internal conversion works, and I haven't noticed any particular differences in release times so far...

Is it possible to reverse convert: bin -> SYX ?)))
so that it was possible to load into hardware synthesizers what was created in the cloud

No. Unlike the software D50 - which is essentially the same thing as the hardware D50 and you can go both ways - the JV-1080 plugin is *not* a JV-1080, it's a superset based on the engine of the XV-5080 and effects section of the Fantom.

This means that the hardware JV-1080 does not support many of the additional engine features or waveforms from the plugin, so converting back to it makes no sense as the hardware runs a less capable engine.

I just have 5080, and even if it were partially possible to reverse convert back, it would be very convenient

midi2 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:32 amI just have 5080, and even if it were partially possible to reverse convert back, it would be very convenient
I also have a hardware XV-5080. This tool is specifically a JV-1080 -> Plugin convertor, it doesn't convert XV-5080 patches (I actually started with XV-5080 conversion, but translating all the FX parameters is a lot of effort as the MFX engines are different between the XV-5080 and the Plugin, there's a good 100 or so algorithms (many more than the 1080), with up to 30 or more parameters in each and the parameter layout in the sysex data and ranges of all these is undocumented so it's literally a painstaking effort to decode each parameter one by one and figure out how to map the different algorithms where they differ) for very little return, as most of the XV patches are already in the plugin, and there are very few third-party XV-5080 (hardware) specific patch banks in the wild.

So yes, it would be possible to convert XV-5080 <-> BIN data both ways, but given the level of interest in this, the amount of effort involved and the return on it, and the fact that I don't personally need it, it doesn't make much sense to do at this time, unless demand and interest changes.

Return to “Instruments”