How do I assign drum sounds in Polyplex to midi keyboard pads?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
3ptguitarist
KVRist
242 posts since 14 Oct, 2006

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:04 pm

How do I assign drum sounds in Polyplex to midi keyboard pads?

I've tried the midi learn feature and it didn't work. Just let's me assign the keys. Ive tried midi learn in the reaktor pane and that didn't work either. Seems like it lets me assign a pad to switching midi learn on and off or other options of polyplex, but not assign the sounds to the keyboards pads.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

User avatar
mcnelson
KVRian
1106 posts since 26 Mar, 2004 from UK

Re: How do I assign drum sounds in Polyplex to midi keyboard pads?

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:33 pm

What you're doing is correct, you just need to assign those pads to a note number as well. No idea what your controller is, but daresay the answer lay in the manual.
ABLETON LIVE 10 & PUSH2: TWISTED TOOLS : SONIC CHARGE : SUGAR BYTES
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

3ptguitarist
KVRist
242 posts since 14 Oct, 2006

Re: How do I assign drum sounds in Polyplex to midi keyboard pads?

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:04 pm

mcnelson wrote:What you're doing is correct, you just need to assign those pads to a note number as well. No idea what your controller is, but daresay the answer lay in the manual.
In reaktor it tells me the number of the pad, but don't let me assign the pad to a sound of at least I don't know how to do that.

I have an M-audio axiom 49 mk2

Nocturnal909
KVRist
138 posts since 18 Nov, 2007 from PA USA

Re: How do I assign drum sounds in Polyplex to midi keyboard pads?

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:00 pm

I'm using AXiom 49

After you midi assign it make sure you hit the Polyplex pad too. It tells you when you have your Ployplex help tabs on and that how I got it to work.

3ptguitarist
KVRist
242 posts since 14 Oct, 2006

Re: How do I assign drum sounds in Polyplex to midi keyboard pads?

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:18 pm

Nocturnal909 wrote:I'm using AXiom 49

After you midi assign it make sure you hit the Polyplex pad too. It tells you when you have your Ployplex help tabs on and that how I got it to work.
I tried that, but it still doesn't work.

Here's a video of me trying to assign the axiom 49 pad to a polyplex sound. There's no sound from the speakers because I was using headphones since it was at a time when I'm not supposed to make too much noise in the place I live at.


Video of issue:

https://youtu.be/AJzN_IeYXtA

Nocturnal909
KVRist
138 posts since 18 Nov, 2007 from PA USA

Re: How do I assign drum sounds in Polyplex to midi keyboard pads?

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:14 pm

Okay I saw your vid and I could not get it to work again but this is what I did to trick it....

In Logic and Maybe In Studio 1, I used the transposer midi all the up to 24 semi.
In that mode only 3 pads worked. The 1st and 2nd pad worked but the 3 etc didn't.
For the 3rd just follow the tab instructions and so on.
Or on ployplex itself on each pad in midi learn you can scroll up and down each keys.
You will find out that it goes down to C3 and not C1 for some stupid reason. That
is why I don't think midi learn for anything below C3. Why? if you record dry while hitting
the Axiom keyboard it it shows C1. On ployplex like I said only goes down to C3. I hope it works
for you now.

I forgot I had it in midi Transpose plugin effect inserted to get it to work for me at least!
It might be called note FX in Studio one.

3ptguitarist
KVRist
242 posts since 14 Oct, 2006

Re: How do I assign drum sounds in Polyplex to midi keyboard pads?

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:57 pm

Nocturnal909 wrote:Okay I saw your vid and I could not get it to work again but this is what I did to trick it....

In Logic and Maybe In Studio 1, I used the transposer midi all the up to 24 semi.
In that mode only 3 pads worked. The 1st and 2nd pad worked but the 3 etc didn't.
For the 3rd just follow the tab instructions and so on.
Or on ployplex itself on each pad in midi learn you can scroll up and down each keys.
You will find out that it goes down to C3 and not C1 for some stupid reason. That
is why I don't think midi learn for anything below C3. Why? if you record dry while hitting
the Axiom keyboard it it shows C1. On ployplex like I said only goes down to C3. I hope it works
for you now.

I forgot I had it in midi Transpose plugin effect inserted to get it to work for me at least!
It might be called note FX in Studio one.
Thanks. Btw, I have sonar x3 studio. I can try to mess around in it later tomorrow.

Nocturnal909
KVRist
138 posts since 18 Nov, 2007 from PA USA

Re: How do I assign drum sounds in Polyplex to midi keyboard pads?

Post Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:06 am

Yup so basically a midi transpose it up 24 or whatever semi. I was wonder how I was going to do it in Logic so thanks for getting me thinking so now I know myself!

laszlozoltan
KVRer
3 posts since 26 Dec, 2014

Re: How do I assign drum sounds in Polyplex to midi keyboard pads?

Post Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:19 am

found a youtube video the fellow created a working ableton rack for polyplex where he also explains it. worked right away with my nitro kit- :tu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdoVxty8e2s&t=107s

Return to “Instruments”