Border Master - House

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum but have been coming to this site for a few years now, so I figured I would drop in and check out the community.

Long story short, I use FL Studio Producer Edition and really enjoy designing patches from scratch and altering presets into something new. I usually work with Sytrus and Massive since they give me great flexibility to be creative. I also have a few KVR hosted plugins, so very much appreciate these too.

Here is the latest track I finished. I am currently focusing on mixing skills and trying to keep the listener engaged throughout my tracks (variation, energy control, etc).

https://soundcloud.com/jkillz1/jkillz-b ... e-download

Feedback is always welcome, thanks for listening!

It sounds technically solid for EDM. It seemed to get a little repetitious but that’s EDM I guess. :roll:

I’m not sure about that lead sound though. It’s a bit irritating to me. It sounds a little too much like a dog’s sqeaky toy.

You are not the first to say the lead wasn't their favorite part of the track lol. I create mine from scratch, so sometimes I am bias I think :)

Thanks for the feedback

Interesting composition and soundscape.
Hectic groove and ambiance got my feet stomp the rhythm

Thanks Markkuja, I appreciate it :)

Sounds clean bud, maybe bit more use of filtering on some tracks and low-end on kick.Overall the track sounds clean, if you want that deep house sound get a Filter on it. : )) Hope I have helped.

@winkie00 - much appreciated, I will take a closer look at the filter work going forward, something I have been slowly using more and more since it is so vital, thanks!

nice grooves and basslines going on however i'm hearing and seeing a bit too much energy around the 5khz-10khz making it sound slightly piercing in the mid highs, other than
that, excellent! :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Not my preferred genre, but quite competent production and sound-design (love these floating pads!), solid groove and nice musical progression.

The main lead (the "squeaky" one) doesn't sit well with me though. It seems like you've taken it from some other track (perhaps kind of electro/fidget house or something) and put into a smooth deep house song. I'd think at least about changing the timbre to something more smooth.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Thanks Layzer, that makes a lot of sense. I recently was working on brightening up my tracks per some other feedback I received some time ago and it would seem I went a little bit over. Definitely something I will have to be more mindful going forward, I appreciate it!

Thanks Recursive One for giving it a listen even if not your ideal genre. I appreciate the feedback on the synth too, I have heard similar responses to it and will have to match up my synth work better going forward. I was going for contrast, but went too far it would seem lol

Not much of a house fan but still enjoyed your work. All the best bud :tu:

Thanks, I appreciate it :)

Return to “Music Cafe”