Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

Hm, with a March projected release you’d think they’d have some actual audio by now.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Image Image Image Image

I am really excited about the potential here.

Mostly interested in (for starters) what oscillators and filters will be available and overall sound quality.

Looks like it COULD compete with Softube but will wait to see what comes out initially.

Prob good if you cant afford Eurorack hardware. Long way to go till the virtual compares with the hardware especially with Eurorack.
Good luck to them
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

risome wrote:Prob good if you cant afford Eurorack hardware. Long way to go till the virtual compares with the hardware especially with Eurorack.
Good luck to them
Software emus are never going to stand up to the real thing so long as knobs and cables are missing :wink:

If the perfect soft synth controller still hast been made imagine how far behind modular synth emus are. Though touch screens help in a big way for me. But still not as fun as real cables and knobs
Amazon: why not use an alternative

hivkorn wrote:Am I the only one who wait for the release ?

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Hell no mate I too am :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Risome you obviously haven't heard Softube's Modular then, that software is f**king close to perfect analog sound from 1's and 0's.
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

What is the internal update rate of cherry audio modular ?
Same as sample rate , like reaktor etc ..?
Otherwise it's a no go .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

cant wait to try it when its released
Last edited by don_looney on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RME Babyface Pro / Bitwig / Adam A7X / Elektron AR MKII / Novation Peak / Akai Force / Eurorack

gentleclockdivider wrote:What is the internal update rate of cherry audio modular ?
Same as sample rate , like reaktor etc ..?
Otherwise it's a no go .
Im guessing it wont be seeing as they banged it together in a few months, its java and sounds like it will be really light on resources.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
risome wrote:Prob good if you cant afford Eurorack hardware. Long way to go till the virtual compares with the hardware especially with Eurorack.
Good luck to them
Software emus are never going to stand up to the real thing so long as knobs and cables are missing :wink:

If the perfect soft synth controller still hast been made imagine how far behind modular synth emus are. Though touch screens help in a big way for me. But still not as fun as real cables and knobs

Totally agree, it's not just about the sound, it's the hairy spaghetti way of building patches. i love soft modulars like VCV and herw's modularx in reaktor (and so much of reaktor) but playing with them doesn't compare to being in front of a physical modular synth and wiring up patches and twisting knobs (iMO).
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

CrystalWizard wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Good luck to them

Totally agree, it's not just about the sound, it's the hairy spaghetti way of building patches. i love soft modulars like VCV and herw's modularx in reaktor (and so much of reaktor) but playing with them doesn't compare to being in front of a physical modular synth and wiring up patches and twisting knobs (iMO).
And you pay a price for that experience. 40 modules of this Voltage Modular is going to be something like $200. 40 modules of Eurorack or whatever your modular of choice is, well, I don't even want to know how many thousands of dollars we're talking about.

And ultimately, if making music is your primary goal, then yes, it's ALL about the sound. In short, as I am poor, I can do quite nicely without the physical patch cables if I can get an instrument that sounds great.

For those of you with money to burn, I'm happy for you that you can play with real spaghetti.

Some of us are not so fortunate.

Actually, i don't have a zillion dollars invested in modular gear as i built all of mine myself. I Do realize this is rare, and certainly most people aren't going that route. Your point is valid that it's prohibitively expensive for many people to own a modular rig. However, even to be a guitar player you will likely have some real money invested in your rig. I wasn't saying one way is better on all accounts (i play my virtual rig, modular or not) way more than i do my modular hardware. I was just saying that For Me i have a much different (and more fun in an exploratory sense) experience when i play my modular hardware (and often when i play my hardware synths or my bass guitar). It's the visceral experience of direct action making noise, and the consistent one to one response of hardware control.
I would speculate that the reason there's such a plethora of cookie cutter music in the world is that it's so much cheaper and easier to use a computer and some inexpensive software to "produce" "tracks". I also acknowledge that there's really awesome music being done this way, too. Another topic altogether.
As with many of my posts it's all IMO.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

CrystalWizard wrote:Actually, i don't have a zillion dollars invested in modular gear as i built all of mine myself. I Do realize this is rare, and certainly most people aren't going that route. Your point is valid that it's prohibitively expensive for many people to own a modular rig. However, even to be a guitar player you will likely have some real money invested in your rig. I wasn't saying one way is better on all accounts (i play my virtual rig, modular or not) way more than i do my modular hardware. I was just saying that For Me i have a much different (and more fun in an exploratory sense) experience when i play my modular hardware (and often when i play my hardware synths or my bass guitar). It's the visceral experience of direct action making noise, and the consistent one to one response of hardware control.
I would speculate that the reason there's such a plethora of cookie cutter music in the world is that it's so much cheaper and easier to use a computer and some inexpensive software to "produce" "tracks". I also acknowledge that there's really awesome music being done this way, too. Another topic altogether.
As with many of my posts it's all IMO.
I agree. There is nothing like the thrill of turning knobs and plugging in cables. My dream has always been to someday own a full blown modular system. Sadly, it's never going to happen. But I'm content with the software toys that I have. Reaktor is like a bottomless pit that I'll never get tired of exploring. What this new system will bring, only time will tell.

This looks really good, can't wait to get play with this :hyper:

Return to “Instruments”