Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
DJ Warmonger
KVRAF

2564 posts since 7 Jun, 2012, from Warsaw

Postby DJ Warmonger; Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:41 pm [progressive / dark trance] Warmonger - My Little Room

One of my old experiments. Wanted to make extremely dark dark in a tribute to some classic trance hits. Too bad it's weirdo normal labels won't release today.

https://soundcloud.com/djwarmonger/my-l ... iginal-mix
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)
recursive one
KVRAF

3181 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Postby recursive one; Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:10 am Re: [progressive / dark trance] Warmonger - My Little Room

I like it. Clean and tight production, good sound-design. The overall vibe is indeed quite dark and expressive.

TBH, I'd rather listen to this than to what "normal" trance labels release today.
I hate incomplete sentences because they ...
ATN69
KVRAF

1657 posts since 5 Oct, 2015, from Swedish / Living in Hong Kong

Postby ATN69; Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:19 am Re: [progressive / dark trance] Warmonger - My Little Room

It may be a bit weird but also cool. Nice sounds there
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 12
JorgeJurado
KVRer

18 posts since 19 Jan, 2018

Postby JorgeJurado; Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:57 pm Re: [progressive / dark trance] Warmonger - My Little Room

It's fine, it's a little weird but as an idea it's not bad, greetings!
sjm
KVRian

1183 posts since 17 Apr, 2004

Postby sjm; Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:17 pm Re: [progressive / dark trance] Warmonger - My Little Room

DJ Warmonger wrote:One of my old experiments.

If by experiments you mean some of those very lusciously disturbing sounds, the experiment was a success. You've got a whole load of great sounds.

But "experiment" also suggests you might think this isn't quite a finished/proper track? Maybe I'm reading too much into that, but I would have though if you felt the track was the finished product, you might have said "this is an old tune of mine" or something.

I think it sounds great, but that at times it's just a little bit lacking in cohesion - presumably because you are experimenting and there's quite a bit of variation across the track. I guess it's just very slightly lacking that "one never ending trip" feeling of trance as a result.

I suspect you could tweak a few things and tighten the progression with minimal effort if you wanted to.

Anyway, I enjoyed all 9 minutes and listened to a few sections more than once.
DJ Warmonger
KVRAF

2564 posts since 7 Jun, 2012, from Warsaw

Postby DJ Warmonger; Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:02 am Re: [progressive / dark trance] Warmonger - My Little Room

Thank you for your feedback, guys?

But "experiment" also suggests you might think this isn't quite a finished/proper track?

Well, I tried to do stuff like this for the first time and it's not copy-paste of any regular piece. The style is odd on purpose.
Plus, you're right about "lack of cohesion" - I would do it differently today, by then I just slapped ideas on the arrangement as they came to my mind.
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)
jezzaj
KVRer

3 posts since 29 Dec, 2017

Postby jezzaj; Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:50 am Re: [progressive / dark trance] Warmonger - My Little Room

Sounds good, is very psytrance in style which I like. Also has very good production quality.
Signature blocked until 5 posts made
htcnext2
KVRist

163 posts since 3 Jul, 2017, from Austria

Postby htcnext2; Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:00 pm Re: [progressive / dark trance] Warmonger - My Little Room

Cool trance track, rather typical for that genre but enjoyable. Nice work.
Greetings
HM
sjm
KVRian

1183 posts since 17 Apr, 2004

Postby sjm; Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:57 pm Re: [progressive / dark trance] Warmonger - My Little Room

DJ Warmonger wrote:I would do it differently today [...] then I just slapped ideas on the arrangement as they came to my mind.

Sort of the impression I was getting. We live and learn :) Still a nice track though.

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe