Deleted

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Matthewrymarz
KVRer
22 posts since 14 Jun, 2016

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:55 am

Deleted
Last edited by Matthewrymarz on Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DIGiTAL A.
KVRer
8 posts since 31 Jan, 2018 from GERMANY

Re: "Crash and Burn" EDM

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:24 pm

hmmm,
i have no clue of mastering, but when it sounds right, it sounds right.
I like what you did there, but the kick sounds like from a different type of music.
How should I put this......ahh ok...the track is too "happy" for this type of drum imo.

Maybe you let me hear what you think about my latest song "LEBEN+1", that would be nice.

:D
It MUST woof! :hyper:

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
23021 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:40 pm

Kick sounds ok to me, as does the mix. Its a little "predictable" in its arrangement, and might benefit from a little tweaking of the main riffs as they progress, but overall sounds fine.

layzer
KVRAF
5544 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:45 pm

nice R2D2 beat :borg:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

sjm
KVRAF
1701 posts since 17 Apr, 2004

Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:06 pm

I think the lack of dynamics is more because your arrangement doesn't change in intensity much rather than a compression issue. There's a lot of variety in the overall sound, and that sounds good to me. But there isn't really a clearly defined climax. It's also hard to reach a climax without having less intense parts to contrast with.

I'm assuming you asked this question because you feel that something isn't quite right. And I think, if it's anything, it's the absence of a drop/break and build-up again from there thing. After all, that's the quintessential EDM recipe. Most EDM sounds like a series of euphoric climaxes because it is; but those climaxes rely totally on the arrangement being about building everything up, then taking everything away. That's what makes it really hit home.

I don't know if this ties is with what thecontrolcentre was saying about the arrangement being predictable. Predictable isn't necessarily bad for EDM - it's what makes it danceable to a certain extent - but I do think it's a little flat. Both of us seem to be feeling that the magic spark of excitement is still missing somewhere.

I think all the parts work well in and of themselves. I like the general way the track evolves too, so I'm thinking it really is just a case of adding a little sparkle. Maybe you could look at the track as a bigger whole and see whether you can't just take away some parts here and there to add a little excitement to the overall build up through contrast?
Voted KVR's resident drunk Robert Smith impersonator (thanks Frantz!)

Return to “Music Cafe”