How to use exported AU/VST?

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all

I made a plugin using SonicBirth (amazing software by the way) and exported it, however Garageband is refusing to reognise it :x

Are there any simple AU/VST hosts for Mac that will simply let you test an AU/VST with a MIDI input?

Also, if anyone is feeling extra generous, are there any other softwares like SonicBirth? I love this, I just think it's good to experience different ones.

Thanks! - I hope this forum is still active
RAINE

First off, be sure to use the 1.3.1b2 version of SonicBirth. 2nd, that old version produces AU and VST that are only 32 bit compatible: you didn't specify the version of Garageband you're using, but, most likely, it's a 64 bit version.

You can test a 32 bit SonicBirth-made plug-in in either Plogue Bidule or Reaper, when they are operating in 32 bit.

By the way, there's a 64 bit version of SonicBirth coming along.

Thanks very much, Kewi.

I'm using the 1.3.0 version. Where can I get 1.3.1b2 ? Although the version I have does provide the option of 32bit or 64bit. I'll take a look at the software you mentioned, I didn't fancy buying a Reaper licence just yet.

I read somewhere on here that people were calling for an updated SonicBirth version so I'm really glad to hear they succeeded. Will be happy to donate a little bit to help.

All the best!
RAINE

The 32/62 bit switch is for internal processing only. The plug-in itself is 32 bit.
Version 1.3.1b2: http://www.radio.uqam.ca/ambisonic/soni ... _beta2.zip

You can install Reaper and use it without paying: there's a 5-second window reminding you to buy a license, but, that's about it. It's guiltware, really...

Contact me in PM about the 64 bit version.

Perfect, thanks for your help. I eventually managed to get it working with Plogue Bidule.

Any clues as to when the 64-bit version will be coming out? And will it be free...?

Cheers

RAINE

I sent you a PM.

Return to “SonicBirth”