Tundra Tango - acoustic, drums, synths

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A song-snapshot of a journey across the tundra. 2 acoustic guitars sharing the lead ostinato. With acoustic bass guitar and drums marking the steps and synths coloring the landscape. And an oasis in sight.

Still not certain about the proper way to export for soundcloud.

Cheers.

https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/tundra-tango

Nice jam, definitely digging it :)

I would like to hear the kick and low end of the snare more. I think the bass is stealing some of the freqs maybe. Just thinking out loud as I listen lol. The synth work sounds good too.

As for exporting, I tend to do wav and upload that to SC. I figure, let them compress a high quality file over a lower quality one.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the comments ! Much appreciated. I took note about the sharing of bass and kick frequencies. As for uploading to SC, it's more about the level. That one was exported like so:

Code: Select all

Integrated Loudness :  -13.5 LUFS
           Loudness Range :  5.7 LU
                     Peak :  -1.0 dBFS
                 Top Peak :  -1.0 dBTP <- yellow
       Normalization Gain :  0.52 dB
Which is somewhat consistent with the previous. But, the broadcast standard says -23 LUFS. My simple objective is to be at a level where people do not have to greatly adjust their volume. I do not want to be too loud which is kind of offensive, and I do not want to be too faint. And I still don't know.

Cheers.

I agree, the loudness wars and all that make it challenging when you want to release quality music with interesting dynamics but because everything else is so processed, your music might sound weak or low volume in a side-by-side (not saying that is the case with this song, just a general concern).

And my bass comment was just first impression cause the kick and snare sounded a bit distant (not by much), I won't pretend to know exactly why it sounded like that to me, but figured I would share in case I wasn't alone.

Best of luck, the track is good though in its own right :)

Return to “Music Cafe”