Diamond and TVEC4 questions

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have some questions about KH Diamond and TVEC4, maybe someone will know. Basically the old original Diamond had separate Kontakt instruments that all got combined into one with TVEC4, which is great, but its a bit confusing to me about how to go about accessing the separate orchestras that are included with Diamond. We have Concert, Symphonic, Studio and Chamber. I thought Concert and Symphonic were two totally separate orchestras, while studio and chamber would be smaller versions in some way. Can anyone comment on how is the best way to access all Diamond content through TVEC or are there certain situations where the older non-TVEC instruments need to be used for accessing certain Diamond sounds...and if so...which are those? Is there a document anywhere explaining this?

I am trying to wrap my head around what I have, which instruments are the best ones to use for accessing the sample library. And honestly I'd like to get rid of the older non-TVEC instruments that I'm never going to use if TVEC4 can do it. Its redundant and confusing to have a lot of these older instruments there, but they are the only way to access some content, then I'd like to understand that better.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Ok, so searching around I think maybe the answer to my own question is this, but hopefully someone can eventually confirm or deny this:

Emerald = Symphonic and Chamber strings (plus solo)
Ruby = Concert and Studio strings (plus solo)

Diamond = Emerald+Ruby

TVEC3 and TVEC4 added improved programming, with all the various articulation options consolidated into a single instrument (yay), but he did not include Emerald's Symphonic String and Brass stuff. Diamond TVEC3+ is Concert+Chamber+Studio recordings, and all the combined woodwinds and percussion from both Emerald and Ruby, which there is kind of some overlap.

If you want to access the Emerald Symphonic stuff specifically, then the older programming pre-TVEC3 must be used, which IS provided in the current version of Diamond.

In trying to understand what exactly is available from KH at this time in terms of full orchestras as a matching set and full sections as a matching set, I think I have it narrowed down to the following in addition to what is mentioned above:

Concert Strings Legacy = Diamond Strings and TVEC4.

Concert strings 2 = entirely new string samples, with TVEC4 and ESA programming

Concert Strings 3 = even newer strings samples and programming

Concert Brass 2 = entirely new brass samples with TVEC4 and ESA programming

Did you ever receive an answer to this? Because in looking through the document files for Diamond, I came across a subfolder called CSII Items with an html based manual containing Concert Strings 2 illustrations.

So, despite what you've surmised above, it seems that Concert Strings 2 is included with Diamond? I'm a bit confused. And it would be nice to know, because if I were to decide to buy CS2 separately, the purchase may wind up being redundant.

Unhelpfully adding - I gave up trying. Completely confusing, non-intuitive. Docs did not clarify in my opinion. Like making a movie from the pieces lying on the cutting room floor.

Cs2 is not included in diamond. If the docs are in there it’s a mistake. Unless Kirk started including it without telling anyone which is always possible. Ask Kirk.

Unfortunately, the last couple times I emailed Kirk, he didn't respond...

He has responded to me, though with a lot of delay, no doubt.

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”