Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Lorenz @ XARC Mastering
KVRist

114 posts since 19 May, 2003, from Germany

Postby Lorenz @ XARC Mastering; Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:51 pm FS: PPG WaveGenerator (Wolfgang Palm) VST Plugin

Hi :-)

I am selling my PPG WaveGenerator ( http://wolfgangpalm.com/wg.html ) liftime license.

Please make an offer (here or via PM).

Payment can be done via PayPal or bank transfer (to a German bank account).

I will supply you the serial number afterward, which is all you´ll need to register the plugin.

Please let me know if there are any questions :-)

Thank you,

Lorenz
XARC Mastering - The Online Audio Mastering Studio
Give Your Audio The Final Polish For Success With Proven Mastering.
Michael L
KVRAF

1999 posts since 25 Jan, 2014, from the End of the World as we Knowit

Postby Michael L; Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:36 pm Re: FS: PPG WaveGenerator (Wolfgang Palm) VST Plugin

FYI, PPG licenses are not transferable. See the kvr Forum for details.
masterhiggins
KVRAF

1709 posts since 30 Dec, 2004, from People's Republic of Minnesota

Postby masterhiggins; Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:37 pm Re: FS: PPG WaveGenerator (Wolfgang Palm) VST Plugin

When I asked Wolfgang about it he was adamant about not allowing transfers. Is it not registered yet?
Lorenz @ XARC Mastering
KVRist

Postby Lorenz @ XARC Mastering; Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:03 pm Re: FS: PPG WaveGenerator (Wolfgang Palm) VST Plugin

@Michael L: I know that they are trying to disallow this, but they are transferable, see EU laws, they are not allowed to disallow it (EUGH descicion as of 2012) once the software was sold to someone in the EU from another EU based company (and this applies, as Wolfgang Palm and me are both in Germany), hence the license can be legally transferred to anyone as I am based out of the EU. I also told them that and they didn´t know about that court ruling yet (I honestly bet they do, but still try to tell customers that it cannot be sold, but their license agreement is simply not correct nor is it in accordance with the current EU law in those regards). So, I am legally allowed to sell the license under these conditions.

@masterhiggins: same goes there.
Last edited by Lorenz @ XARC Mastering on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael L
KVRAF

1999 posts since 25 Jan, 2014, from the End of the World as we Knowit

Postby Michael L; Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:04 pm Re: FS: PPG WaveGenerator (Wolfgang Palm) VST Plugin

Caveat emptor!
Lorenz @ XARC Mastering
KVRist

Postby Lorenz @ XARC Mastering; Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:06 pm Re: FS: PPG WaveGenerator (Wolfgang Palm) VST Plugin

Here is the EUGH court ruling (from 2012 already actually) in German:

https://www.heise.de/resale/artikel/EuG ... 31066.html

Zitat:

"Laut dieser Richtlinie erschöpft sich das Recht zur Verbreitung einer Programmkopie in der Union mit dem Erstverkauf dieser Kopie durch den Urheberrechtsinhaber oder mit seiner Zustimmung. Soll heißen: Der Rechtsinhaber, der die Programmkopie in einem Mitgliedstaat der Union verkauft hat, hat keine Möglichkeit, sich gegen den Weiterverkauf dieser Kopie zu wehren. Oracle legte die Richtlinie allerdings so aus, dass dieser Erschöpfungsgrundsatz sich nicht auf Nutzungslizenzen für aus dem Internet herunterzuladene Computerprogramme bezieht.

Das sieht der Europäische Gerichtshof aber anders und stellte nun fest, dass der Grundsatz eben nicht nur gilt, wenn die Kopien der Software auf einem Datenträger (CD-ROM oder DVD) vermarktet, sondern auch, wenn er sie per Download verbreitet werden. Stellt der Urheberrechtsinhaber seinem Kunden nämlich eine – körperliche oder nichtkörperliche – Kopie zur Verfügung, und schließt er gleichzeitig gegen Zahlung eines Entgelts einen Lizenzvertrag, durch den der Kunde das unbefristete Nutzungsrecht an dieser Kopie erhält, so verkauft er diese Kopie an den Kunden und erschöpft damit sein ausschließliches Verbreitungsrecht, heißt es in der Mitteilung des Gerichts."

Durch ein solches Geschäft werde das Eigentum an dieser Kopie übertragen. Somit kann sich der Rechtsinhaber dem Weiterverkauf dieser Kopie nicht mehr widersetzen. Das gilt selbst dann, wenn der Lizenzvertrag eine spätere Veräußerung eigentlich untersagt."

The last sentence is the most important one and says "This applies even then (the reselling of software license) if the license contract excluded a further selling of the license".

Hence this sale here is absolutely legal as I am selling out of the EU and the company that creates the software is EU based too, and this law applies perfectly fine in this case (different if the seller would be US based) - which Wolfang Palm knows already as per our email exchange. He is not allowed to have a license agreement against 100% clear EUGH court rulings. As you can see, even the big companies (in this case Oracle) tried that and lost the case too because of that EU law.
Lorenz @ XARC Mastering
KVRist

Postby Lorenz @ XARC Mastering; Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:19 pm Re: FS: PPG WaveGenerator (Wolfgang Palm) VST Plugin

Found it in English too:

https://www.computerworld.com/article/2 ... nline.html

"In the case involving Oracle the court found that software vendors have no rights to block resale"

and

"Europe's highest court ruled on Tuesday that the trading of "used" software licenses is legal and that the author of such software cannot oppose any resale."

and

"The exclusive right of distribution of a copy of a computer program covered by such a licence is exhausted on its first sale, said the European Court of Justice (ECJ). This applies to downloaded software as well as that bought on CD or DVD. "
Last edited by Lorenz @ XARC Mastering on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lorenz @ XARC Mastering
KVRist

Postby Lorenz @ XARC Mastering; Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:20 pm Re: FS: PPG WaveGenerator (Wolfgang Palm) VST Plugin

masterhiggins wrote:When I asked Wolfgang about it he was adamant about not allowing transfers. Is it not registered yet?

And just to clarify: yes, I have never used the license at all. I bought the synth back in 2013 and never used it, not even registered it. Hence the license key I have for sale can activate the plugin fine on any computer.
mgw38
KVRian

702 posts since 26 Jul, 2015, from Philadelphia

Postby mgw38; Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:23 pm Re: FS: PPG WaveGenerator (Wolfgang Palm) VST Plugin

I'm assuming the sales price includes any litigating costs? ;)
Lorenz @ XARC Mastering
KVRist

Postby Lorenz @ XARC Mastering; Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:24 pm Re: FS: PPG WaveGenerator (Wolfgang Palm) VST Plugin

mgw38 wrote:I'm assuming the sales price includes any litigating costs? ;)

There is no need for that, but yes, I would even pay that for you as the case is to clear and the ruling is in effect for 6 years already and has been re-confirmed in 2016 when another vendor tried to battle it again ;-) I find it kinda odd that no one at KVR Audio seems to know about applicable EU laws?? It´s like if you are questioning the legality of a speed limit just because you think it should not be there. Once again, this is not a "maybe" thing or whatever, this is current EU law and of course, it should be clear that a software company, which´s income this affects, will not tell you about that? Still, what does that matter? It´s the law since 6 years already, EU wide, EUGH confirmed two times, so no need to discuss this aspect further I´d say.

P.S.: Thanks for the first offer (will wait at least 24 hours for other offers, hope you understand), but please try to use PM here on KVR or reply in the thread instead to email me via my official website - thanks :-)
mgw38
KVRian

702 posts since 26 Jul, 2015, from Philadelphia

Postby mgw38; Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:31 pm Re: FS: PPG WaveGenerator (Wolfgang Palm) VST Plugin

The law is clear, no doubt. But if Wolfgang Palm simply refuses to transfer the license there is not much you can do other than hiring a lawyer to litigate the case (which is prohibitively expensive).
Lorenz @ XARC Mastering
KVRist

Postby Lorenz @ XARC Mastering; Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:34 pm Re: FS: PPG WaveGenerator (Wolfgang Palm) VST Plugin

I promise you that you can activate WaveGenerator with the license key you buy from me, as I´ve seen it from other of his customers (a studio mate that had it before I bought it) that there is no online activation at all. You simply key in the serial number that I am selling and it will be activated, absolutely simple on this one - it is not even bound to my name, you can input your own name instead too, it will still work, as the license was never used at all.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)