Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
artificial
KVRian

583 posts since 15 Oct, 2008

Postby artificial; Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:04 am off the shore - a place to go [indietronica]

Hello all,

it has been quite a long time, but here's my newest track.

https://soundcloud.com/offtheshore/a-place-to-go

I hope you guys like it!

All the best and thanks for listening! :)
layzer
KVRAF

5440 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:45 am Re: off the shore - a place to go [indietronica]

cool, chill tune. i thought there was too much overdrive type distortion on everything making the whole thing fuzzy, we want a balance of crystal clear to compliment the distortion. mostly enjoyed :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
artificial
KVRian

Postby artificial; Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:22 am Re: off the shore - a place to go [indietronica]

Thanks for the feedback! :) Actually I wanted the track to be kinda fuzzy and distorted, but blended with with some softer sounds to create some kind of contrast. But I'm gonna think about it again when I find some time! :tu:
vurt
addled muppet weed

36714 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:33 am Re: off the shore - a place to go [indietronica]

i partly agree with layzer, the mix needs something a little forward to balance the spectrum. where i differ is im not sure "crystal clear" is necessary. either could work, id give both a try and see what you feel :)

maybe just give the piano sound a shorter attack so its more natural sounding, and pull back on the eq as its got no highs left at all, so at the moment it almost just blends in.

compositionally, everything sounds good though, so the important part is right! :tu:
just a few mix tweaks
artificial
KVRian

Postby artificial; Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:09 am Re: off the shore - a place to go [indietronica]

Cool, thanks for the suggestions and the nice words! ;-) I'm gonna rework the mix based on both of your suggestions! :-) Your comments really help me a lot! So, thanks again, guys!!
Frantz
KVRAF

4796 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:18 am Re: off the shore - a place to go [indietronica]

Great tune! Moody and atmospheric.

I am fine with the mix but I suppose a little more clarity wouldn't hurt.
htcnext2
KVRist

242 posts since 3 Jul, 2017, from Austria

Postby htcnext2; Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:09 pm Re: off the shore - a place to go [indietronica]

The synthlines and the piano work well, good composition, maybe the fillers could be a bit louder, generaly the mix is a bit taken back. But no problem. Nice track.
Zexila
KVRAF

3013 posts since 17 Mar, 2008

Postby Zexila; Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:28 pm Re: off the shore - a place to go [indietronica]

Enjoyed it quite a bit, had this thing in my head, rainy day, you look outside of the window thinking "is this all I got", than look around room, picture of your ex, no more booze left in the bottle, then you just fold down in corner and cry good minute... good times. :scared:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG
artificial
KVRian

Postby artificial; Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:16 am Re: off the shore - a place to go [indietronica]

Thanks for the comments, guys! ;-)

@Zexila: Actually I have this feeling that this track is one of the more optimistic ones! But yeah, just can't get rid of the melancholy... :scared: :)
Unreflected
KVRist

86 posts since 12 Jun, 2015

Postby Unreflected; Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:56 pm Re: off the shore - a place to go [indietronica]

Very pleasant, powerful, just love it.
Thanks.
artificial
KVRian

Postby artificial; Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:34 am Re: off the shore - a place to go [indietronica]

Unreflected wrote:Very pleasant, powerful, just love it.
Thanks.

Thank you for the nice words! :-)
biodiode
KVRist

366 posts since 23 Sep, 2003, from UK

Postby biodiode; Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:56 am Re: off the shore - a place to go [indietronica]

Very nicely done, laidback but powerful in its own sweet way.

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe