[Feature Request] reduce minimum rate from 0.1Hz to 0.001Hz

Official support for: kilohearts.com
Ian Craig
KVRer
14 posts since 4 Dec, 2016 from Belfast, UK

Post Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:30 am

Hello,
Could you please reduce the minimum rate from 0.1Hz to 0.001Hz or at least 0.01Hz so that I can get proper control over all the plugins in Multipass and Snap Heap (as I'm running most of them together and it's all running way too fast, even at 40bpm [the slowest speed setting in Mixcraft]).
Also could you put a mix level into the Tape Stop Plugin please.
Thanks.
Ian Craig
Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio Build 412 (32/64bit)
Win 8.1 64 bit, 2x Quad core Xeon 2.50Ghz, Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (1st Gen, USB2)
Arturia Keystep, BeatstepPro.
Launchcontrol XL
Korg Microstation, Microkorg, MicrokorgXL

Per Salbark
KVRist
35 posts since 15 Apr, 2013 from Sweden

Re: [Feature Request] reduce minimum rate from 0.1Hz to 0.001Hz

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:42 am

I'm adding a TODO-note to allow lower LFO frequencies. Very long LFO sweeps like that (0.001Hz) sound like something you should probably do with DAW automation though. You can automate one of the macro knobs and then connect that to the snapin parameters you want to sweep.

How do you envision a mix level working on the Tape Stop? Simply blending the wet and the dry signal? There might be uses for something like that. Luckily you can get that effect already by setting up two parallel lanes in Snap Heap and adding Tape Stop to one of them, then mixing the lanes to your content.

Cheers! / Per

Ian Craig
KVRer
14 posts since 4 Dec, 2016 from Belfast, UK

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:08 am

Thanks for the response Per, that's great news. The macro knob idea is something I will try in the meantime. Thanks.
Yes, I envisioned a wet/dry level with the Tape Stop, which would mean that it would enable both the original and processed versions within the effected frequency range thereby multiplying the overall effects within the sound while still enabling control within the interface. For example, Tape Stop within one Lane with a Delay after it and the Mix level of both automated to appear rhythmically but with the Tape Stop Start & Stop Times modulated by a very slow LFO. It should produce ever changing sonic shapes appearing out of the Delay. That is the kind of thing I was thinking about. :D
Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio Build 412 (32/64bit)
Win 8.1 64 bit, 2x Quad core Xeon 2.50Ghz, Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (1st Gen, USB2)
Arturia Keystep, BeatstepPro.
Launchcontrol XL
Korg Microstation, Microkorg, MicrokorgXL

poidog
KVRer
2 posts since 14 Sep, 2013

Post Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:39 am

I want this for phaseplant as well. I want an lfo to very slowly sweep a sync or something else and it seems really odd to try and do that in the daw. If there is a way to get the lfo slower just let me know.

Return to “kiloHearts”