New reggae / dub track [hugoh]. Made one shot with a midi controller

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

All is in the title. I made this track by launching a reggae loop and then played with the faders and knobs on my midi controller (with a track being the feedback of the delay) until I was satisfied with the result. Feedbacks are welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/hugoh-7/dubtaped ... uboptional

Dub to go. Nice work! I only would filter some samples (or put loads of fx on it) for a more exclusive listening experience...The delay is nice.
Greetings
HM

It is a bit too long imo, but what you have going on here is really sweet stuff. I always get into these types of beats and the effect work is cool.

Thanks for sharing :)

I like this a lot, takes me back a few decades.

I do think you could do with more vocals (or an MC). I find that a few choice phrases can really help tie together the various sections. In addition to vocals through 15 delays, I'd also advocate a few more sound FX/dub sirens type things. You've already got some lovely effects going on with the delay though, and I do think it already sounds awesome.

Like it. Nice vibe.

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks.
I am actually trying to find some vocals (if anyone wants to sing it will be great).
For the "a bit too long" thing, I suppose I was too much commited in it :)

I will try to take your remarks into account. Thanks

Great groove, love it...Took me back to Birmingham, UK back in the 1970s...

WAIT!!! I'm still in Birmingham, UK and Reggae / Dub et al are still going strong! :0)

Definitely needs vocals...could be a great track with the right ones.

Someone mentioned filtering...totally agree here - you have too much filtered, too much of the time...give the listener that full frequency range from time to time.

Return to “Music Cafe”