New Pianoteq v.6.1 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pianoteq Studio Bundle

The biggest and most useful thing that Standard brings is the microphone positioning page. It is EXTREMELY VERSATILE, to say the least.

I have Pianoteq 6.1 Pro version and I have to say it keeps getting better and better! NI Grandeur has been my goto piano but I find myself choosing Pianoteq most of the time these days! Seriously impressive and if it continues to keep improving I can see Pianoteq replacing all my piano VST’s permanently!

It is the best Piano VST bar none IMHO ..perfectly modelled not sampled.A shining example of correct efficient coding oh and Steinway endorsed.The Bluthner is one of my fav models.
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

I on the other hand don't like it at all...
I demo each new version to check if it starts to sound like a real piano instead of a synth imitating a piano, but alas... no, at least not to my ears.

For me for in the box nothing surpasses UVI Workstation and V.I. labs Ravenscroft.

rasmusklump wrote:I on the other hand don't like it at all...
I demo each new version to check if it starts to sound like a real piano instead of a synth imitating a piano, but alas... no, at least not to my ears.

For me for in the box nothing surpasses UVI Workstation and V.I. labs Ravenscroft.
I have the VI Labs pianos (not the Ravenscroft) and although good, I don't think they can beat Pianoteq. What exactly is it that you don't like in Pianoteq, and find better in the Ravenscroft?
Fernando (FMR)

It's a pity that v.6.1 never works for me because of the phasing problem. Sorry for repeating my old post...
I've already contacted the Modart support and reported the bug. The support guy said I was right, and this would be fixed for the next update. That was two months ago, and I'm still waiting for it...

Any tips on getting a "felt piano" style sound from Pianoteq? Think Spitfire Labs Soft Piano / NI Una Corda / Ólafur Arnalds. I have the Stage version with Steingraeber, and I can get in the right direction by playing softly and using pedals. Could I tweak the sound to get even closer by upgrading to Standard? Anyone tried this?

Does the Stage version have access to this voicing tab - If so you could move the soft pedal slider to the far right which makes it sound 'feltier':Image

And if it doesn't then ..... yeah the Standard version would get you closer !

Stage doesn't have that. Anyways that question already got answered on VI-Control and Pianoteq boards :)

fmr wrote:
rasmusklump wrote:I on the other hand don't like it at all...

I have the VI Labs pianos (not the Ravenscroft) and although good, I don't think they can beat Pianoteq. What exactly is it that you don't like in Pianoteq, and find better in the Ravenscroft?
The VI Labs Ravenscroft 275 is supposed to sound like the real grand piano it was sampled from (a Ravenscroft 275 Titanium grand piano) and not like the "usual" Steinway, Yamaha, Fazioli etc so if that is the sound you are after the Ravenscroft might be the wrong choice for you.

Until there is a Ravenscroft 275 model for Pianoteq a direct comparison with the VI Labs library is quite pointless anyway.

The VI Labs library was done as an official collaboration with the creators of the real thing and it is also officially endorsed by them so i doubt they would do another collaboratiun with a different developer really soon like e.g. Pianoteq did with Steinway.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

There is a new Pianoteq v6.3.0 demo version including the new Ant. Petrof 275 grand piano model tat was just released.

The product page for the new model: https://www.pianoteq.com/antpetrof

Just downloaded the latest Pianoteq demo version where the new piano is included and am checking it now. So far this might the first piano model for Pianoteq that i really like including the low and high octaves which with other models mostly was a bigger problem for me.

Also re-checked the Steingraeber model (another new model added before the Ant. Petrof) and i like this a bit more now than i did whe ichecked teh 6.2.2 demo recently.

They currently offer buying another model for 50% if you buy the new Ant. Petrof model.

If i would finally decide to buy Pianoteq after having testing it countless times in the past currently i might decide to get the Stage version with the new Ant. Petrof and Steingraeber models (but the Steinway Model D and K2 pack for the Stage plugin).

On the other hand due to the other piano choices i currently got incuding the Ravenscroft 275 buying another one is not really my highest prority at the moment. For any other piano no matter how good it is currently it is quite hard to relace the Ravencroft 275 for me (and some other pianos i got like e.g. Arturia Piano V2, The Grandeur and Alicia's Keys). Buying another piano would be mostly about having another "flavor", not being a replacement.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

That new piano sound is great indeed!
Listened e.g. to the Mozart fantasy and compared it to some recordings on Youtube.
Imho the sound is on a level where the question "which piano sounds best" isn't that relevant anymore - all just sound like a piano to me (some recordings more recent, some older, some live some studio recordings), my attention was mainly drawn to much more drastic differences in interpretation.
https://www.pianoteq.com/audio//antpetr ... uangci.mp3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOgrqZs2L2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu5ivRKjpls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr9QZCVKFZ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1D3V4SX-k0
At the end I have to say - I like all five pianos and all five interpretations have their merrits :)

After checking the new Pianoteq 6.3.0 demo I could confirm that the new Petrof model is sounding quite nice indeed.

I just used the new Ant. Petrof 275 model in the Pianoteq 6.3.0 demo to modify one of my own Arturia Piano V2 presets based on the "American Grand" model" and while the result is not identcial it sounds very nice to my ears.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:34 pm After chekcing the new Pianoteq 6.3.0 demo I could confirm that the new Petrof model is sounding quite nice indeed.

I just used the new Ant. Petrof 275 model in the Pianoteq 6.3.0 demo to modify one of my own Arturia Piano V2 presets based on the "American Grand" model" and while the result is not identcial it sounds very nice to my ears.
Most important parameters for tweakig in Piano V2 are "Soudboard Resonance" (which reflects the size of the soundboard and piano body and how long the tone will last), "Hammer Hardness" (sets how hard or soft the tone is), "Dynamic Range" and "Mic Setup". Additiinally also the built-in EQ could be helpful
Just buy it!

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:04 pm
Ingonator wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:34 pm After chekcing the new Pianoteq 6.3.0 demo I could confirm that the new Petrof model is sounding quite nice indeed.

Most important parameters for tweakig in Piano V2 are "Soudboard Resonance" (which reflects the size of the soundboard and piano body and how long the tone will last), "Hammer Hardness" (sets how hard or soft the tone is), "Dynamic Range" and "Mic Setup". Additiinally also the built-in EQ could be helpful
Just buy it!
Well recently i get really picky about buying new stuff (also based on what i alraedy got here...) and currently i am also in a situation where compared to the past i have to be a bit more careful about spending money.

If it would be only the price for the new Ant. Petrof model (= 49 €) i would have alraedy bought it but as i do not have a license for Pianoteq yet i would at least need the Stage version which is additional 99 €.

I just created some really nice sounding new presets for Arturia Piano V2 that were created being inspired by the new Petrof Pianoteq model.
Today i rendered audio demos based on multiple MIDI files playing the new Piano V2 presets, a new custom preset for NI The Grandeur and the new Pianoteq 6 Ant. Petrof model and started comparing the resulting MP3 files now.

At the end i might end up finally buying Pianoteq Stage and the new Petrof model or i decide i do not need it based on what i already have here.

I admit that with the latest new models and version 6.3 Pianoteq finally evolved to a point that makes it harder for me to resist than in the last years and Pianoteq versions.
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”