The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

5th track from my upcoming CD "Journey To The Other Side"

Proud To Be Loud

All these soft spoken people
All around me
All these soft spoken people
Afraid to speak

They don't like when I bellow
They don't like when I scream
They just wish I would shut up
Well they can dream

Cause I'm proud to be loud
Proud to climb the highest mountain
Proud to be loud
Drinking from the magic fountain
Proud to be loud
Majestically I claim the victor
Yes I'm proud to be loud

When I enter a party
Folks run for their lives
Cause they know what is coming
And they break out in hives

Repeat Verse 2

Repeat Chorus

I'm loud
I'm loud
I'm loud
So loud

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus

Outro

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... to-be-loud

Cool! Nice song with different parts on structure. Well done record and mix sounds good.

markkuja wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:29 am Cool! Nice song with different parts on structure. Well done record and mix sounds good.
Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Much appreciated.

Sounds like the Residents meets Frank Zappa. The bass is nice and gritty! The guitar melodies are lovely too.
Cool work Wags.
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerus wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:23 am Sounds like the Residents meets Frank Zappa. The bass is nice and gritty! The guitar melodies are lovely too.
Cool work Wags.
:)
Well, those are two people I've never been compared to before. LOL.

Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Much appreciated.

wagtunes,
Now checking out "Proud to Be Loud": I certainly recognize the vocals (which are good), and yet instrumentally, this sounds rather different than the usual wagtunes tunes, especially the intro. Certainly nothing wrong with that! Not sure if that is a clavinet, but I like it a lot. Actually, everything sounds very good instrumentally. Audio quality is excellent. Cool song! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:02 am wagtunes,
Now checking out "Proud to Be Loud": I certainly recognize the vocals (which are good), and yet instrumentally, this sounds rather different than the usual wagtunes tunes, especially the intro. Certainly nothing wrong with that! Not sure if that is a clavinet, but I like it a lot. Actually, everything sounds very good instrumentally. Audio quality is excellent. Cool song! :)
Hi Aaron. It's Arturia's Clavinet V. I think it's spot on the Hohner. Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Much appreciated. Will now go search out your latest. Can't wait to hear it.

Good song, I liked this different 'style' from you. The almost-whispered vocals in the 1st verse were great.
You didn't revisit that vibe later in the song, which I thought you'd do.

Bansaw wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:37 pm Good song, I liked this different 'style' from you. The almost-whispered vocals in the 1st verse were great.
You didn't revisit that vibe later in the song, which I thought you'd do.
I thought about it but then I thought it would be too predictable. What made me decide not to do it ultimately was the fact that I had revealed that I was going to be loud. At that point, no sense going back to being soft, which was really dictated by the lyrics of the first verse.

One of the few things I put an incredible amount of thought into as far as musical structure verses lyrics.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:53 pm One of the few things I put an incredible amount of thought into as far as musical structure verses lyrics.
Fair enough, looks like you put some thought into it.

wagtunes,
Even though I own Arturia Clavinet V, I wouldn't have guessed the previous song of yours that I reviewed used that plugin (that is a compliment), it seemed to sound unusually good. Now I am listening to "On The Outside Looking In": Once again it seems like perhaps you made a conscious effort to do a different sort of style instrumentally? Or inspired by a new plugin? The drums and intro synth (which put a smile on my face) sounded rather different for you. It's all very good whether it's different or not-unusual-for-wagtunes-style on your vast amount of songs. All of the synths/keyboards sound really good. The synth sound that starts at 0:26, and perhaps a different sound that starts a few seconds later: I find especially intriguing. Not certain if one of those sounds is piano with elaborate effects or ??? Feel free to elaborate on the synths/keyboards. Lead guitar sounds rather good too. Background vocals turned out unusually good. Very nice (has a moody mood) melodies that fit the "outsider" lyrics. Cool song! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:31 am wagtunes,
Even though I own Arturia Clavinet V, I wouldn't have guessed the previous song of yours that I reviewed used that plugin (that is a compliment), it seemed to sound unusually good. Now I am listening to "On The Outside Looking In": Once again it seems like perhaps you made a conscious effort to do a different sort of style instrumentally? Or inspired by a new plugin? The drums and intro synth (which put a smile on my face) sounded rather different for you. It's all very good whether it's different or not-unusual-for-wagtunes-style on your vast amount of songs. All of the synths/keyboards sound really good. The synth sound that starts at 0:26, and perhaps a different sound that starts a few seconds later: I find especially intriguing. Not certain if one of those sounds is piano with elaborate effects or ??? Feel free to elaborate on the synths/keyboards. Lead guitar sounds rather good too. Background vocals turned out unusually good. Very nice (has a moody mood) melodies that fit the "outsider" lyrics. Cool song! :)
Hey Aaron. This may take a while.

I haven't been buying synths for a long while but this past month or so I went on a bit of a spending spree picking up the following items.

Stage One - Spatial VST
ABL3 303 Bass
GX 80
Arturia V9 Collection
Novum
Synth Stack

So I added a number of synths to my collection and yes, they have been the inspiration for this whole album which is going to contain a lot of unusual songs, for me anyway.

On this particular track are the following plugins

Pianoteq CP 80 Electric Piano
ABL3 303 Bass
u-he ACE
Cherry Audio GX 80
Music Labs Real LPC Rhythm & Lead (Lead with Ampltube)
Native Instruments Battery 4 Drums & Percussion
Eventide Audio Pendulate Mono Synth
Soundsonline Hollywood Backup Singers
Arturia CS 80 V
Arturia Vocoder V

At 26 seconds is the GX 80 for the synth pad and Pendulate for the pluck sound.

Just listening to it, I have to pinch myself to make sure I actually did this. Doesn't sound like my "normal" stuff at all.

No question the synths I just got have inspired me a lot. Hopefully, it will carry through the rest of the CD.

6th track from my upcoming CD "Journey To The Other Side"

Drugs And Money (Everywhere)

Out in the back alley
Another deal going down
Another kid's gonna die
It's coming soon to your town

Drugs and money (everywhere)

Another bank being robbed
Another kid needs a fix
Anything for a score
They know all the tricks

Repeat Chorus

Instrumental Break

Be careful or you'll be next
The last needle in your arm
A funeral for your friends
They said it'd do no harm

Repeat Chorus

Outro

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... everywhere

7th track from my upcoming CD "Journey To The Other Side"

If you're a fan of my sugary pop tunes, you probably want to listen to this one. This was pure inspiration from beginning to end.

The Next Big Thing

I've seen this and that come and go
And through it all there's one thing I know
Nothing's here to stay
That's what I say
Just when you think something's gonna last
You look and it's there sitting in the past
It's all blown away
Far from today

So just go on open wide and sing
You'll find pleasure in the simple things
Let the bell of freedom ring
Live your life just like a king
Don't you go on waiting for the next big thing

Years ago I would wait around
For something that couldn't be ever found
That elusive dream
You know what I mean
And then one day you just shake your head
The dream you had was already dead
And so it would seem
You're lost in that dream

Repeat Chorus

Take it from a man
Who planned and planned and planned
You only do what you can
And nothing more

Repeat Chorus

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -big-thing

I just checked Proud to be loud, Drugs and Money and The Next Big Thing. They were all a lot of fun, but I think my favorite was The Next Big Thing. It's a very catchy poppy earworm of a piece.
jeff

Return to “Music Cafe”